6 Tips For Great Sleep
Do you get 8 hours of sleep a night? Probably not. Lack of sleep affects your health, overall wellness, ability to perform your job and daily tasks, attitude, and safety.
Slow response time due to sleep deprivation causes needless accidents.
Lifetime Ideas to Sleep Better Day or Night
A glass of warm milk may help, but here are some other ideas you may not have thought of:
- Turn Off the Gadgets. Light-emitting TVs, smartphones, and computers can suppress sleep-inducing melatonin. Don’t take your iPad to bed!
Instant workspace, tablet stand and power bank, all in one. Flip it open to create a portable desk on your bed or on the floor. When you’re done, it folds flat for easy storage and transport. Features two built-in USB ports to charge and power any phone or tablet, plus a flexible LED reading light.
This Ultra Plush Fleece Lounging Hoodie is the perfect way to take the chill off around the house. Features a large hood and handy front pocket.
Warming Back Rest Massager
Sit back, read and relax with the Warming Backrest Massager. It features two levels of soothing vibration, plus optional gentle warmth, to help you unwind from a stressful day.
There’s even a handy gooseneck LED reading lamp and side pockets to stash your books, magazines or TV remote.
Note: This site has a marketing affiliate relationship with advertisements. I may receive a small referral fee or commission if you sign up for services or purchase a product. This allows me to continue to create content.
Foot Massaging Ottoman
Elegant ottoman with built in foot massager. Massages both feet at the same time. Place your feet inside for shiatsu roller balls, air compression, deep tissue kneading and optional heat. Cordless and rechargeable. Operates up to 3 hours on a full charge.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes cherries (they contain melatonin), bananas (potassium and magnesium), and oatmeal (it raises blood sugar naturally). Avoid smoked meats, chocolate (caffeine!), energy drinks (no Red Bull), spicy foods (heartburn), and alcohol—it dehydrates you.
- When we are sleep deprived, our bodies often respond by storing extra fat. If you’re having a hard time getting to sleep all night after daylight savings begins or ends, it’s especially important to stock up on healthy foods. In the winter, stave off depression by adding protein to your diet, rather than filling up on carbs and sweets. Fatty oils found in fish such as tuna and salmon are especially helpful in regulating and boosting mood.
- If you’re feeling sluggish because of a shifted sleep schedule, coffee is likely your go-to. Try to avoid all caffeine as your body is adjusting, as it can make it more difficult to fall asleep at night and just perpetuate a cycle you’re trying to avoid.
- During the afternoon slump, take a walk and stay well hydrated.
- Try Natural Sleep Remedies like a nice warm bath or getting a massage.
Exercise During the Day: Benefits of Walking, Running, and Jogging
- Commit to 30 minutes of moderate cardio activity 5 days a week, but don’t do it within two hours of bedtime.
- A daily workout can invigorate your mind and body without caffeine and tire you out in time for bedtime.
- But make sure you finish exercising several hours before bedtime, as it can overstimulate your mind and make it harder to fall asleep.
Beautyrest Black K-Class Pillowtop Mattress
T3 Pocketed Coil® Technology adds the benefit of pressure relief by providing exceptional resilience for support, durability and undisturbed sleep. Curated Technoluxe foams reduce pressure points in your hips and shoulders. Available in Queen, King & California King.
- At least 10-15 minutes before bedtime, try practicing such techniques as yoga, meditation, visualization, and mindfulness.
The Heated Yoga Mat warms your muscles from head to toe for hot yoga, conventional yoga or just a soothing and comfortable stretch. Made with breathable air mesh nylon and foam, it features 3 adjustable temperature settings (from 112°F to 130°F) for personalized comfort, plus a 120-minute auto shutoff timer for safety.
The Folding Treadmill gives you a robust workout in a compact design. Features 12 fitness programs. An electronic display screen tracks your speed, distance, time, heart rate and calories burned.
This electric treadmill has a large 39”x14” running area and a top speed of 6.5 mph. Best of all, it folds up and wheels away when your workout is over.
Ideal for condos, small spaces, garages, basements, apartments, dorms. Heavy-duty steel frame. Phone/tablet shelf. Built-in wheels for portability and easy storage.
Evaluate Your Sleep Environment
A planned switch in your sleep schedule is a great time to take a look at your sleep environment.
Commit to keeping screens out of your bedroom, and pick up the clutter to make it a more relaxing place to rest.
Serta iComfort Hybrid 14-inch Plus Mattress
Exclusive Carbon Fiber Memory Foam providing back and neck support. Air Support Foam cushions and contours your body for deep-down support. Compatible with solid surface bed frames, platform and adjustable foundations.
- Be Aware of These SLEEP MYTHS:
- You can make up for lost sleep on weekends. Doing that only upsets your biological clock and prevents deep sleep.
- Older people need less sleep. They often get less sleep due to more physical ailments. They need naps to make up for sleep loss at night.
- The main cause of insomnia is worry. Worrying can keep you awake—set aside time after dinner to make a “to-do” list, plan your next day and try to release yourself from your worries.
- Still, persistent insomnia may be caused by medications, depression, or a sleep disorder. If you can’t sleep, talk to your doctor or get more information at a site such as https://SleepEducation.org/
American Sleep Collection 10” Latex Coil Mattress
Queen Organic Elements 801 Latex Coil Mattress and Adjustable Power Base. This firm mattress features individually wrapped upcycled steel coil support for targeted support where you need it most. The Adjustable PowerBase Foundation combines high fashion fabrics & quality steel framework
Can’t Sleep Because of the Thunder and Lightning
Know Your Lightning Facts
You probably think it won’t happen to you, but weather research indicates over 500 people are struck by lightning each year.
When you’re outside, and a storm comes up, as soon as you hear thunder, there’s an immediate lightning danger.
Protect Yourself by Knowing the Myths From the Facts
MYTH: You are completely safe from lightning if you are in a house.
FACT: You are safe in a house, but anything that conducts electricity isn’t, including water. To help protect your TV, computer and appliances, invest in individual surge protectors and consider hiring an electrician to install one on your home’s service panel.
Know that it doesn’t have to be a direct hit to do damage. A lightning bolt can fry a home’s electric lines indirectly from as far as a mile away as the electrical surge travels through pipes, wires, water, trees, buildings, and the ground.
MYTH: If you’re caught outside, you should lie flat on the ground.
FACT: Lying flat increases your chances of being affected by dangerous ground currents. Keep moving towards a safe shelter (not the nearest tree or tower). If you absolutely can’t get to shelter, make yourself into a ball.
MYTH: Lightning never strikes the same place twice.
FACT: Lightning can strike the same place repeatedly. The Empire State Building is hit nearly 100 times a year.
MYTH: If you touch a lightning victim, you’ll be electrocuted.
FACT: Lightning victims are safe to touch. Call 911 and do not delay CPR.
MYTH: Rubber tires protect you from lightning.
FACT: When lightning strikes a car, it travels through the metal frame into the ground. Most cars are safe, but convertibles, motorcycles, and bicycles aren’t.
MORE TIPS AND RESOURCES:
Start Promoting Retailer Products on your Web Pages and Earn Commissions. Join the FLEX OFFERS Affiliate Marketing Network Today! You can also Earn Bonuses with the Refer-a-Friend program.
6 Tips For Great Sleep
- Great Examples of How to Empower Women and Young Girls
- Amethyst & Diamonds: Perfect Love Match
- Aquamarine Gemstone Jewelry Gift Ideas
- Guide to Writing & Publishing Your eBooks
- The Beauty of Blue Sapphire Gemstone Jewelry for Men & Women
- Interesting Hobby Ideas for Men and Boys
- Creative and Fun Hobby Projects for Adults and Teens
- Useful Guidebooks for Nurses Daily Healthcare Routines
- Inspirational Music Quotes
- Pretty Women in Shades of Pink Outfits & Accessories
- Fragrance Gift Sets for Men and Women
- Positive Benefits of Walking, Jogging, Running
- Guide to Reflective & Relaxful Meditation Practices & Techniques
- Powerful Health & Beauty Benefits of Using Aloe Vera
- Product Reviews: Baby Cribs and Bassinets
- 12 High-Performance Fitness Smart Watches
- Elegant Wedding Invitation Cards for the Bride and Groom
- Advantages of Single Serve Coffee Brewers & K-Cup Coffee Pods
- Digital Photography Techniques & Camera Kits for Beginner & Advanced Photographers
- Guidebooks to Sustaining Love and Healthy Long-Term Relationships
- All-In-One Makeup Kits | Essential Cosmetic Organizers
- Orange-Inspired Dresses, Shirts & Long Cardigan Sweaters for Women
- Nina Simone: American Singer/Songwriter & Pianist
- The Captivating Melodies and Music World of Stevie Wonder
- Maximize Your Blog Business For Profit in 2023
- Tailgate Party Essentials for Entertaining
- Stylish Outdoor Fire Pits and Patio Heaters
- Essential Christmas Songs for the Holiday Season
- Anthology of Hip-Hop & Rap Music
- The Rise of Rap and Hip-Hop Songs
- How to Keep Romance Alive in Love Relationships
- High Quality COPPER Kitchen Cookware & Baking Sets
- Time to Upgrade Your Home Entertainment System
- America’s Popular & Soulful Music Stories
- Flavorful & Soothing Tea Varieties from Around the World
- Healthful Benefits of Eating Protein-Rich Salmon Fish
- Mary J. Blige: Music As Therapy
- Captivating Books & Documentaries About Donald J. Trump
- Black Hair Care: Hair Relaxers, Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioners
- Handsome Men in Pink Shirts
- QUEEN ELIZABETH II: Majesty & Mystery of a British Monarchy
- Serena Williams Legacy—Professional Tennis Player
- Stylish ORANGE Golf Shirts, T-Shirts & Polo Shirts for Men
- Teeth Whitening Kits with LED Light for a Brighter Smile
- Top-Rated CELEBRITY Cookbooks & CHEF’s Cookware
- American-Style BURGERS and Side Dishes
- SANGRIA Red Wine Punch for Brunch, Lunch or Party Time
- Valuable Benefits of Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- 3 Powerful Benefits of Using Managed WordPress Web Hosting
- Traditional Japanese-Style Teas | Tea Pots, Tea Cups & Saucer Sets
- Techniques and Tips for Engagement & Wedding Photography | Wedding Videographer
- Quintessential Margarita Cocktail Makers & Mixers
- Popular Beauty-Boosting Products Under $50.00
- Exquisitely Crafted Tea Kettles | Tea Cup Sets | Modern Tea Pots
- Fashion Denim Jean Jackets & Clear Backpacks for Boys & Girls
- Guide to Natural Organic Skin Care Treatment Kits
- Product Reviews: Luxury Massage Chairs and Chic Recliners
- Miniature & Full-Size Soap Bars for Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Expert Hairstyling Tools for All Types of Hair
- Essential Supplies & Tools for Professional Barbers & Barber Shops
- Beauty Trend: Airbrush Makeup Kits for Beginners & Professionals
- Impressive Housewarming and Wedding Gift Ideas for 2022
- Transparent Backpacks to Meet School Safety & Security Requirements
- Natural JADE Statues & Figurines | JADE Jewelry | JADE Gift Sets
- Beauty Trend: Lip Plumpers to Create Fuller Natural-Looking Lips
- Techniques and Tips on Salmon Fishing
- Luxurious Face Creams & Exfoliating Body Scrubs
- Men’s Daily Body, Hair & Skincare Essentials
- Money Matters: Insider Tips to Buying a Home
- How to Rapidly Spot Identity Theft
- How to Improve Your Credit History and Scores
- Cost-Cutting Tips to Reduce Your Electric Bill
- Lucrative Home-Based & Small Business Ideas for 2022
- Money Matters: Earn Cash Back With Rakuten
- Discover the Hidden Secrets to Living in Snellville, Georgia
- Professional Tools for Asian Barber Shops, Asian Hair Salons, Asian Hair Stylists
- Astonishing Saxophone Cover Versions of Popular R&B Songs
- Outdoor Cooking and Grilling Tips For All Seasons
- Moving and Relocating to Atlanta: How to Find Your New Home
- Trendy Electronic Devices & Gift Ideas For Men
- Product Reviews: Powerful Propane Gas and Charcoal Grills
- Product Reviews: Luxurious Spas, Hot Tubs and Saunas
- Product Reviews: Luxury Outdoor Patio Lounge Sets
- Launch and Grow Your Home Gardening Project
- Commercial Tea and Coffee Brewers | Cold Beverage Systems
- Product Reviews: Highest Rated Luggage Sets and Travel Bags
- Product Reviews: High Performance Digital Cameras and Video Camcorders
- Money Matters: Tracking Your Income and Expenses
- Social Media Tips to Increase Your Freelance Writing Success
- Guide to Government Grant Funds in Georgia
- Wood and Metal Benches For Home and Outdoor Recreation
- Renting vs Owning a Home
- 6 Tips For Great Sleep
- Product Reviews 2022: Best-Selling Popular GUITAR Recommendations
- 77 Ways to Pay It Forward and Change Lives in 2022
- Tips for Homeowners Selling A House: Quick, Easy Fixes
- The Key to Success is Using Valuable Business Strategies
- 40 Successful Email Marketing Tips and Strategies to Connect with People
- Boost Your Limited Thinking With Affluent Thoughts
- Money Matters: Guide to Blogging For Dollars
Do you get 8 hours of sleep a night? Probably not. Lack of sleep affects your health, overall wellness, ability to perform your job and daily tasks, attitude, and safety. Slow response time due to sleep deprivation causes needless accidents. Lifetime Ideas to Sleep Better Day or Night A glass of warm milk may help,…