6 Tips For Great Sleep
Do you get 8 hours of sleep a night? Probably not. Lack of sleep affects your health, overall wellness, ability to perform your job and daily tasks, attitude, and safety.
Slow response time due to sleep deprivation causes needless accidents.
Lifetime Ideas to Sleep Better Day or Night
A glass of warm milk may help, but here are some other ideas you may not have thought of:
- Turn Off the Gadgets. Light-emitting TVs, smartphones, and computers can suppress sleep-inducing melatonin. Don’t take your iPad to bed!
Instant workspace, tablet stand and power bank, all in one. Flip it open to create a portable desk on your bed or on the floor. When you’re done, it folds flat for easy storage and transport. Features two built-in USB ports to charge and power any phone or tablet, plus a flexible LED reading light.
This Ultra Plush Fleece Lounging Hoodie is the perfect way to take the chill off around the house. Features a large hood and handy front pocket.
Warming Back Rest Massager
Sit back, read and relax with the Warming Backrest Massager. It features two levels of soothing vibration, plus optional gentle warmth, to help you unwind from a stressful day.
There’s even a handy gooseneck LED reading lamp and side pockets to stash your books, magazines or TV remote.
Note: This site has a marketing affiliate relationship with advertisements. I may receive a small referral fee or commission if you sign up for services or purchase a product. This allows me to continue to create content.
Foot Massaging Ottoman
Elegant ottoman with built in foot massager. Massages both feet at the same time. Place your feet inside for shiatsu roller balls, air compression, deep tissue kneading and optional heat. Cordless and rechargeable. Operates up to 3 hours on a full charge.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes cherries (they contain melatonin), bananas (potassium and magnesium), and oatmeal (it raises blood sugar naturally). Avoid smoked meats, chocolate (caffeine!), energy drinks (no Red Bull), spicy foods (heartburn), and alcohol—it dehydrates you.
- When we are sleep deprived, our bodies often respond by storing extra fat. If you’re having a hard time getting to sleep all night after daylight savings begins or ends, it’s especially important to stock up on healthy foods. In the winter, stave off depression by adding protein to your diet, rather than filling up on carbs and sweets. Fatty oils found in fish such as tuna and salmon are especially helpful in regulating and boosting mood.
- If you’re feeling sluggish because of a shifted sleep schedule, coffee is likely your go-to. Try to avoid all caffeine as your body is adjusting, as it can make it more difficult to fall asleep at night and just perpetuate a cycle you’re trying to avoid.
- During the afternoon slump, take a walk and stay well hydrated.
- Try Natural Sleep Remedies like a nice warm bath or getting a massage.
Exercise During the Day: Benefits of Walking, Running, and Jogging
- Commit to 30 minutes of moderate cardio activity 5 days a week, but don’t do it within two hours of bedtime.
- A daily workout can invigorate your mind and body without caffeine and tire you out in time for bedtime.
- But make sure you finish exercising several hours before bedtime, as it can overstimulate your mind and make it harder to fall asleep.
Beautyrest Black K-Class Pillowtop Mattress
T3 Pocketed Coil® Technology adds the benefit of pressure relief by providing exceptional resilience for support, durability and undisturbed sleep. Curated Technoluxe foams reduce pressure points in your hips and shoulders. Available in Queen, King & California King.
- At least 10-15 minutes before bedtime, try practicing such techniques as yoga, meditation, visualization, and mindfulness.
The Heated Yoga Mat warms your muscles from head to toe for hot yoga, conventional yoga or just a soothing and comfortable stretch. Made with breathable air mesh nylon and foam, it features 3 adjustable temperature settings (from 112°F to 130°F) for personalized comfort, plus a 120-minute auto shutoff timer for safety.
The Folding Treadmill gives you a robust workout in a compact design. Features 12 fitness programs. An electronic display screen tracks your speed, distance, time, heart rate and calories burned.
This electric treadmill has a large 39”x14” running area and a top speed of 6.5 mph. Best of all, it folds up and wheels away when your workout is over.
Ideal for condos, small spaces, garages, basements, apartments, dorms. Heavy-duty steel frame. Phone/tablet shelf. Built-in wheels for portability and easy storage.
Evaluate Your Sleep Environment
A planned switch in your sleep schedule is a great time to take a look at your sleep environment.
Commit to keeping screens out of your bedroom, and pick up the clutter to make it a more relaxing place to rest.
Serta iComfort Hybrid 14-inch Plus Mattress
Exclusive Carbon Fiber Memory Foam providing back and neck support. Air Support Foam cushions and contours your body for deep-down support. Compatible with solid surface bed frames, platform and adjustable foundations.
- Be Aware of These SLEEP MYTHS:
- You can make up for lost sleep on weekends. Doing that only upsets your biological clock and prevents deep sleep.
- Older people need less sleep. They often get less sleep due to more physical ailments. They need naps to make up for sleep loss at night.
- The main cause of insomnia is worry. Worrying can keep you awake—set aside time after dinner to make a “to-do” list, plan your next day and try to release yourself from your worries.
- Still, persistent insomnia may be caused by medications, depression, or a sleep disorder. If you can’t sleep, talk to your doctor or get more information at a site such as https://SleepEducation.org/
American Sleep Collection 10” Latex Coil Mattress
Queen Organic Elements 801 Latex Coil Mattress and Adjustable Power Base. This firm mattress features individually wrapped upcycled steel coil support for targeted support where you need it most. The Adjustable PowerBase Foundation combines high fashion fabrics & quality steel framework
Can’t Sleep Because of the Thunder and Lightning
Know Your Lightning Facts
You probably think it won’t happen to you, but weather research indicates over 500 people are struck by lightning each year.
When you’re outside, and a storm comes up, as soon as you hear thunder, there’s an immediate lightning danger.
Protect Yourself by Knowing the Myths From the Facts
MYTH: You are completely safe from lightning if you are in a house.
FACT: You are safe in a house, but anything that conducts electricity isn’t, including water. To help protect your TV, computer and appliances, invest in individual surge protectors and consider hiring an electrician to install one on your home’s service panel.
Know that it doesn’t have to be a direct hit to do damage. A lightning bolt can fry a home’s electric lines indirectly from as far as a mile away as the electrical surge travels through pipes, wires, water, trees, buildings, and the ground.
MYTH: If you’re caught outside, you should lie flat on the ground.
FACT: Lying flat increases your chances of being affected by dangerous ground currents. Keep moving towards a safe shelter (not the nearest tree or tower). If you absolutely can’t get to shelter, make yourself into a ball.
MYTH: Lightning never strikes the same place twice.
FACT: Lightning can strike the same place repeatedly. The Empire State Building is hit nearly 100 times a year.
MYTH: If you touch a lightning victim, you’ll be electrocuted.
FACT: Lightning victims are safe to touch. Call 911 and do not delay CPR.
MYTH: Rubber tires protect you from lightning.
FACT: When lightning strikes a car, it travels through the metal frame into the ground. Most cars are safe, but convertibles, motorcycles, and bicycles aren’t.
MORE TIPS AND RESOURCES:
Start Promoting Retailer Products on your Web Pages and Earn Commissions. Join the FLEX OFFERS Affiliate Marketing Network Today! You can also Earn Bonuses with the Refer-a-Friend program.
6 Tips For Great Sleep
- Top-Rated CELEBRITY Cookbooks & CHEF’s Cookware
- Money Matters: Insider Tips to Buying a Home
- Discover the Hidden Secrets to Living in Snellville, Georgia
- Guide to Government Grant Funds in Georgia
- Time to Upgrade Your Home Entertainment System
- Trendy Gift Ideas For Men
- Aquamarine Gemstone Jewelry Gifts For Pisces & Aries
- Impressive Housewarming and Wedding Gift Ideas for 2022
- Launch and Grow Your Home Gardening Project
- Product Reviews: Luxury Outdoor Patio Lounge Sets
- Product Reviews: Luxurious Spas, Hot Tubs and Saunas
- Product Reviews: Powerful Propane Gas and Charcoal Grills
- Product Reviews: High Performance Digital Cameras and Video Camcorders
- Wood and Metal Benches For Home and Outdoor Recreation
- Product Reviews: Luxury Massage Chairs and Chic Recliners
- Renting vs Owning a Home
- 6 Tips For Great Sleep
- Amethyst, Aquarians & Diamonds: Perfect Love Match
- Product Reviews: Highest Rated Luggage Sets and Travel Bags
- Guide to Writing & Launching Your Best-Seller eBooks in 2022
- Product Reviews 2022: Best-Selling Popular GUITAR Recommendations
- Stylish Outdoor Fire Pits and Patio Heaters
- 77 Ways to Pay It Forward and Change Lives in 2022
- Lucrative Home-Based & Small Business Ideas for 2022
- Product Reviews: Most Favorable Baby Cribs and Bassinets
- Tips for Homeowners Selling A House: Quick, Easy Fixes
- Maximize Your Blog Business For Profit in 2022
- The Key to Success is Using Valuable Business Strategies
- 40 Successful Email Marketing Tips and Strategies to Connect with People
- Boost Your Limited Thinking With Affluent Thoughts
- Money Matters: Guide to Blogging For Dollars
- Guide to Finding, Writing & Submitting Grant Proposals
- How to Earn Full-Time Income From Blogging
- Mystery and Suspense Writing: How to Set the Scene
- What Does Compassion and Respect Mean To You?
- Challenge Boys and Girls with LEGO Educational Builder Sets
- Festive Red Holiday Gift Guide
- New Style Handbags & Shoulder Bags for Women
- 3 Powerful Benefits of Using Managed WordPress Web Hosting
- Lovely Unique Gift Baskets For All Occasions
- 5 Key Ways to Protect Your Family’s Home Networks
- How to Rapidly Spot Identity Theft
- Astonishing Saxophone Cover Versions of Popular R&B Songs
- Iconic LEGO Builder Sets and Kits For All Ages
- Build Your Classic Car and Auto Show With LEGO Sets
- Reliable Tea and Coffee Brewers and Cold Beverage Systems
- Classic UGG® Boots and House Slippers For Women and Men
- Elegant Wedding Invitation Cards for the Bride and Groom
- Outdoor Cooking and Grilling Tips For All Seasons
- Essential Things to Know About Cat, Dog and Horse Pet Care
- Country Music: Take a Glance Back Down Memory Lane
- Unique Coffee Gifts for Business Clients and Associates
- Best Practices to Disinfect Your Home and Workspace
- How to Improve Your Credit History and Scores
- 10 Amazing and Inspiring Whitney Houston Songs For Life
- Proven Tips on Saving Energy and Money at Home
- Ways to Build Positive Credit
- Selling a Home in Atlanta, Georgia and Surrounding Suburbs
- 7 Travel Security Tips
- Save Gas and Save Money
- Moving and Relocating to Atlanta: How to Find Your New Home
- Planning a Trip? 7 Cyber Safety Tips For Travelers
- Benefits of Humor and Laughter in Life
- Money Matters: Earn Cash Back With Rakuten
- Money Matters: Tracking Your Income and Expenses
- Money Matters: Understanding Credit and Debt
- 28 Simple Tips for Living Green with Little Effort
- Money Matters: Insights on Dollars and Sense
- Casual & Athletic Sneaker Product Showcase
- Unique Ways Children Develop and Learn Through Playing
- Everything Is Subject To Change In Life
- Ways to Create Visually-Appealing Graphics with Canva Pro
- Brighten Someone’s Day with a Rose Bouquet
- Valuable Benefits of Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- 3 Easy Ways to Make Macaroni Casseroles
- Save Time Cooking with Premium Value Meals
- Social Media Tips to Increase Your Freelance Writing Success
- Relief Supports for Back, Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Guide to Author’s and Writer’s Associations
- Positive Benefits of Walking, Jogging, Running
- How to Write a Persuasive Essay for Your College Application
- Humility, Integrity, and Deception in Everyday Life
- How to Be Productive While Working From Home During COVID-19
- Do It Yourself Credit Improvement Process
Do you get 8 hours of sleep a night? Probably not. Lack of sleep affects your health, overall wellness, ability to perform your job and daily tasks, attitude, and safety. Slow response time due to sleep deprivation causes needless accidents. Lifetime Ideas to Sleep Better Day or Night A glass of warm milk may help,…