7 Travel Security Tips
Everyone loves to travel. Here are some precautions you should take to be on the safe side.
How To Be Safe, Not Sorry On Your Next Trip
Use these travel security tips to help make your next international trip stress-free:
Be Prepared In Case Your Passport Is Lost or Stolen
If your passport is lost, you must immediately notify the embassy or the State Department and report details of the incident.
Take copies of the passport, birth certificate, and marriage certificate for each person on your trip. You will need these documents to authenticate yourself to authorities.
Your Travel Itinerary
Leave your itinerary and the numbers or copies of your passport with a friend or relative.
You also can register your travel for free with the State Department, so you may be contacted in case of a family emergency or because of a crisis in the area in which you are traveling.
Protect Your Computer and SmartPhone
Don’t take your eyes off your laptop or cell phone.
Hundreds of thousands are stolen each year, and approximately 97% are never recovered.
To protect yourself, remove any sensitive information from the laptop before you go and encrypt the data that’s on it.
Take a security cable to attach it to a piece of furniture if you leave it in your hotel room.
Better yet, you can buy tracking software that allows you to record a message (“Get your hands off me, I’ve been stolen!”) that will play when the thief turns it on.
Note: This site has a marketing affiliate relationship with advertisements. I may receive a small referral fee or commission if you sign up for services or purchase a product. This allows me to continue to create content.
Protect Your Money and Credit Cards
Purge your wallet or purse of extra credit cards, receipts, and any reference to your social security number.
Leave your checkbook and debit cards at home.
RELATED ARTICLE: Identity Theft Protection
Protect Your Valuables from Pickpocketers
Keep a grip on your valuables (especially in crowds).
To thwart pickpockets, use security travel purses, bags, belts, and money clips.
If you’re a man, keep your wallet under your clothes or in your tightest pocket.
If you’re using a fanny pack, secure the zipper using a safety pin or a paperclip fastened to a rubber band around the belt strap.
Cell Phone Tip
Add ICE (In Case Of Emergency) and the appropriate phone number to your cell phone address book.
That will help emergency personnel find the number to call if you can’t make the call yourself.
COVID-19 Testing Required for United States Entry
Effective January 26, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires all air passengers two years of age and over entering the United States (including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative COVID-19 test, taken within three (3) calendar days of departure, or proof of recovery from the virus within the last 90 days. Airlines must confirm the negative test result or proof of recent recovery for all passengers prior to boarding. Airlines must deny boarding of passengers who do not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery.
See the CDC Proof of Negative Test Result page to view the order, complete the attestation, and to see FAQ’s.
A Little Humor: That’s Funny
A man walked up to a beautiful woman at the coffee shop and said, “Where have you been all my life?”
“Well,” she replied, “For the first half of it, I wasn’t even born.”
Please don’t leave trash behind when you’re camping or hiking, at the beach or a park. If you see trash left behind by others, you can help preserve the environment by disposing of it properly (Use Protective Gloves).
Start Promoting Retailer Products on your Web Pages and Earn Commissions. Join the FLEX OFFERS Affiliate Marketing Network Today! You can also Earn Bonuses with the Refer-a-Friend program.
Travel Security Tips
- Powerful Health & Beauty Benefits of Using Aloe Vera
- Mary J. Blige: Music As Therapy
- Handsome Men in Pink Shirts
- Guide to Reflective & Relaxful Meditation Practices & Techniques
- Pretty Women in Shades of Pink Outfits & Accessories
- The Beauty of Blue Sapphire Gemstone Jewelry for Men & Women
- Orange-Inspired Dresses, Shirts & Long Cardigan Sweaters for Women
- QUEEN ELIZABETH II: Majesty & Mystery of a British Monarchy
- Serena Williams Legacy—Professional Tennis Player
- Tailgate Party Essentials for Entertaining
- High Quality COPPER Kitchen Cookware & Baking Sets
- Healthful Benefits of Eating Protein-Rich Salmon Fish
- Stylish ORANGE Golf Shirts, T-Shirts & Polo Shirts for Men
- Teeth Whitening Kits with LED Light for a Brighter Smile
- Top-Rated CELEBRITY Cookbooks & CHEF’s Cookware
- American-Style BURGERS and Side Dishes
- SANGRIA Red Wine Punch for Brunch, Lunch or Party Time
- Positive Benefits of Walking, Jogging, Running
- Valuable Benefits of Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Advantages of Single Serve Coffee Brewers & K-Cup Coffee Pods
- 3 Powerful Benefits of Using Managed WordPress Web Hosting
- Traditional Japanese-Style Teas | Tea Pots, Tea Cups & Saucer Sets
- Flavorful & Soothing Tea Varieties from Around the World
- Techniques and Tips for Engagement & Wedding Photography | Wedding Videographer
- Digital Photography Techniques & Camera Kits for Beginner & Advanced Photographers
- Quintessential Margarita Cocktail Makers & Mixers
- Popular Beauty-Boosting Products Under $50.00
- Exquisitely Crafted Tea Kettles | Tea Cup Sets | Modern Tea Pots
- Fashion Denim Jean Jackets & Clear Backpacks for Boys & Girls
- 12 High-Performance Fitness Smart Watches
- Guide to Natural Organic Skin Care Treatment Kits
- Product Reviews: Luxury Massage Chairs and Chic Recliners
- Miniature & Full-Size Soap Bars for Hotels & Vacation Rentals
- Expert Hairstyling Tools for All Types of Hair
- Essential Supplies & Tools for Professional Barbers & Barber Shops
- Beauty Trend: Airbrush Makeup Kits for Beginners & Professionals
- All-In-One Makeup Kits | Essential Cosmetic Organizers
- Impressive Housewarming and Wedding Gift Ideas for 2022
- Transparent Backpacks to Meet School Safety & Security Requirements
- Natural JADE Statues & Figurines | JADE Jewelry | JADE Gift Sets
- Beauty Trend: Lip Plumpers to Create Fuller Natural-Looking Lips
- Black Hair Care: Hair Relaxers, Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioners
- Techniques and Tips on Salmon Fishing
- Luxurious Face Creams & Exfoliating Body Scrubs
- Men’s Daily Body, Hair & Skincare Essentials
- Money Matters: Insider Tips to Buying a Home
- How to Rapidly Spot Identity Theft
- How to Improve Your Credit History and Scores
- Cost-Cutting Tips to Reduce Your Electric Bill
- Lucrative Home-Based & Small Business Ideas for 2022
Everyone loves to travel. Here are some precautions you should take to be on the safe side. How To Be Safe, Not Sorry On Your Next Trip Use these travel security tips to help make your next international trip stress-free: Be Prepared In Case Your Passport Is Lost or Stolen If your passport is lost,…