Valuable Benefits of Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Save Time and Keep Work Flowing—Make changes to a PDF, sign documents, or send them out for e-signature—all from any device. When you use Acrobat Pro DC, you can work anywhere, anytime.
3 Advantages to Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Edit Outside the Office—Correct typos. Swap pictures. Edit PDFs on your favorite screen to get them just right.
2. Easily Create and Export PDFs on your Mobile Device.
3. E-Sign Documents From Wherever You Are—Sign on a phone, tablet, or desktop computer to add your approval.
Adobe Acrobat’s Sign Tool for the Cloud
Adobe Sign Tool in Acrobat’s toolbar makes it easy to upload documents and send out invitations for a signature.
Recipients sign the document by opening it via Adobe’s cloud services, and they don’t need an Adobe account for signing.
The cloud service embeds the signed PDF with a certificate so that any modification to the document after it’s signed triggers a warning that the document has been altered.
Creating PDF Fill-In Forms with Adobe
With Adobe’s Fill-In Forms feature, documents can be made electronically fillable, allowing users to easily complete and electronically sign the form online. Examples include:
Business Contracts and Work Agreements
New Patient Forms
Patients can save time in the waiting room by completing medical forms from the comfort of their home or office.
Summer Camp and Program Registrations
Easily fill out registration forms for camps and clubs from anywhere.
Real Estate Purchase and Sale Agreements
Whether you’re making sales moves or moving in, Acrobat speeds up real estate transactions.
An Advantage For People With Disabilities
Many people with disabilities can fill out electronic forms unassisted, which is a huge advantage over print forms.
An accessible electronic form can provide privacy, security, and independence to users.
8 Types of Interactive Adobe PDF Form Fields
A PDF form created with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC’s forms editing tools can contain the following types of fields:
- TEXT FIELD: Allows the user to type in text, such as name, address, or phone number.
- CHECK BOX: Presents yes-or-no choices for individual items. If the form contains multiple check boxes, the user can typically select as many or few of these as needed.
- RADIO BUTTON: Presents a group of choices from which the user can select only one item from the group. All radio buttons with the same name work together as a group.
- LIST BOX: Displays a list of options the user can select. List boxes have a field property that lets the user Shift-click or Control-click to select multiple items on the list.
- COMBINATION BOX: Allows the user either choose an item from a pop-up menu or type in a value.
- ACTION BUTTONS: Initiates a change on the user’s computer, such as opening a file, playing a sound, or submitting data to a web server. These buttons can be customized with images, text, and visual changes triggered by mouse actions. Action buttons are different from radio buttons, which represent data choices made by the user.
- DIGITAL SIGNATURE FIELD: Allows the user to electronically sign a PDF document with a digital signature.
- BARCODE: Encodes the input form selected fields and displays it as a visual pattern that can be interpreted by decoding software or hardware (available separately).
How to Use Acrobat Pro DC’s Prepare Form Wizard
The Prepare Form Wizard in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC can be used to create interactive forms from an existing electronic document (for example a Word, PDF, or Excel document) or from a paper form that was placed in a scanner with the resulting image opened in Acrobat.
Authors can also create forms manually in Acrobat, or individually add form fields to an existing document using the form tools.
To make an electronic form fillable with the wizard start by selecting the Prepare Forms Wizard from the Tools pane.
How to Use the Forms Editing Mode for Interactive Fields
In Forms Editing Mode, you can add, edit or delete any existing form object.
The Acrobat Pro DC user interface changes when in Forms Editing Mode.
The Form Editing Toolbar appears and provides access to the Select Object tool, the Add New Field buttons for each field type, and the Form Preview button.
On the right hand side of the Forms Editing Toolbar, beneath the Preview button, the Distribute, Track, More, and other formatting commands are displayed.
The Fields Pane shows any interactive fields that are currently part of the form.
You can exit this mode by selecting the Close Forms Editing button above the Preview button
Selecting a New Form Field to Create
In Acrobat Pro DC, a form field can be created by choosing one of the form tools. For each field type, it is possible to set a variety of options through the form field Properties Dialog Box.
Setting Tool Tips for Form Fields
The tool tip field on the General tab of the field properties dialog is the most important item for form fields.
The content of the tooltip will be announced by screen readers as the accessible name of the field.
This property provides the user with information and instructions about the field.
Form Field Actions
There are many different actions that can be associated with a form field. These include actions based on mouse entry, mouse exit, mouse up, mouse down, on focus, and on blur.
It is important to note that mouse-only actions will not be keyboard accessible. All functionality must be keyboard-accessible without requiring the use of a mouse.
The “on focus” and “on blur” actions are triggered when the field receives or loses focus respectively.
These actions should be used with caution.
The “on focus” action must not move focus to another field unless the field is not to be used, and these actions must not be used to trap the keyboard focus within certain fields.
Navigating Form Fields
The user must be able to navigate past form fields without having the keyboard focus trapped.
This is a requirement because many keyboard-only users, including users of assistive technology.
Use the Tab or Shift+Tab keystrokes to explore the fields of a form and discover what options are available.
For the same reason, the option “Commit Value Immediately” should be avoided for the dropdown and list fields.
Users of Assistive Technology often use the Up and Down Arrows to explore or navigate to items in these fields, so changing values using these keystrokes can prevent them from using the form properly.
Provide Straightforward Instructions and Onscreen Labels for Form Fields
It is important to ensure that all form fields have instructions or labels.
Form instructions are typically be placed above the form, call out required fields, and provide additional information on completing and submitting the form.
Individual form fields typically have labels above or to the left of the form field, with the exception of radio buttons and checkboxes, whose labels should appear to the right of each field.
Labels should contain any formatting information, such as value length or date format.
About Adobe Acrobat Software
Adobe Acrobat is a software program used to create forms, manuals, online books, maps, and drafted images uploaded to a website and then downloaded by site visitors.
Documents created in Adobe Acrobat can be viewed as Portable Document Files in Adobe Acrobat Reader. PDF files can be edited and viewed on PCs and Macs.
Any text document from Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Notepad, or Text Edit can be converted to a PDF.
You can combine files such as a Word Document and an Excel Spreadsheet into one PDF.
One Acrobat feature found nowhere else is its ability to create a font from the font in a scanned-in document and use it when you add or revise the text in the PDF.
So you can scan in a document printed with a font that hasn’t been used in a hundred years, then use Acrobat’s OCR to make the text searchable and selectable, and then type in changes and corrections to the document’s text—with Acrobat automatically using a custom font that is created from the scanned-in font.
The Adobe Pro Version
The Pro version has unique features such as the ability to find differences between two copies of the same PDF file or documents in different formats, such as Word documents and PDFs.
Creating Bookmarks with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
In Acrobat, you can use bookmarks to mark a place in the PDF to which you want to return or to jump to a destination in the PDF, another document, or a web page.
Bookmarks can also perform actions, such as executing a menu item or submitting a form.
A bookmark is a type of link with representative text in the Bookmarks panel in the navigation pane. Each bookmark goes to a different view or page in the document.
How to Generate Bookmarks
Bookmarks are generated automatically during PDF creation from the table-of-contents entries of documents created by most desktop publishing programs.
These bookmarks are often tagged and can be used to make edits in the PDF.
Initially, a bookmark displays the current page in view when the bookmark is created, which is the bookmark’s destination.
In Acrobat, you can set bookmark destinations as you create each bookmark. However, it is sometimes easier to create a group of bookmarks and then set the destinations later.
Adding Tagged Bookmarks with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Tagged bookmarks give you greater control over page content than do regular bookmarks.
Because tagged bookmarks use the underlying structural information of the document elements (for example, heading levels, paragraphs, table titles), you can use them to edit the document, such as rearranging their corresponding pages in the PDF or deleting pages.
If you move or delete a parent-tagged bookmark, its children-tagged bookmarks are moved or deleted along with it.
Many desktop publishing applications, such as Adobe InDesign® and Microsoft Word, create structured documents.
When you convert these documents to PDF, the structure is converted to tags, which support the addition of tagged bookmarks. Converted web pages typically include tagged bookmarks.
If your document doesn’t include tags, you can always add them in Acrobat.
Creating Links and Bookmarks From Web Pages
You can work with a PDF document created from web pages the same way you work with any other PDF.
Depending on how you configured Acrobat, clicking a link on a converted web page adds the page for that link to the end of the PDF.
When you first create a PDF from web pages, tagged bookmarks are generated if the Create Bookmarks is selected in the Web Page Conversion Settings dialog box.
A standard (untagged) bookmark representing the web server appears at the top of the Bookmarks tab.
Under that bookmark is a tagged bookmark for each web page downloaded.
The tagged bookmark’s name comes from the page’s HTML title or the URL if no title is present.
Tagged web bookmarks are initially all at the same level, but you can rearrange them and nest them in family groups to help keep track of the material hierarchy on the web pages.
If Create PDF Tags is selected when you create a PDF from web pages, structure information that corresponds to the HTML structure of the original pages is stored in the PDF.
You can use this information to add tagged bookmarks to the file for paragraphs and other items that have HTML elements.
RECAP: Valuable Benefits of Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Any text document from Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Notepad, or Text Edit can easily be converted to a PDF.
You can work with a PDF document created from web pages the same way you work with any other PDF.
When you use Acrobat Pro DC, you can work anywhere, anytime.
Save Time: E-Sign Documents From Wherever You Are—Sign on a phone, tablet, or desktop computer to add your approval.
An accessible electronic PDF form can provide privacy, security, and independence to users.
The Prepare Form Wizard in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC can be used to create interactive forms from an existing electronic document
SHARE YOUR INSIGHTS, & TIPS ON USING ADOBE ACROBAT PRO DC SOFTWARE. COMMENT BELOW.
Start Promoting Retailer Products on your Web Pages and Earn Commissions. Join the FLEX OFFERS Affiliate Marketing Network Today! You can also Earn Bonuses with the Refer-a-Friend program.
Valuable Benefits of Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Top-Rated CELEBRITY Cookbooks & CHEF’s Cookware
- Money Matters: Insider Tips to Buying a Home
- Discover the Hidden Secrets to Living in Snellville, Georgia
- Guide to Government Grant Funds in Georgia
- Time to Upgrade Your Home Entertainment System
- Trendy Gift Ideas For Men
- Aquamarine Gemstone Jewelry Gifts For Pisces & Aries
- Impressive Housewarming and Wedding Gift Ideas for 2022
- Launch and Grow Your Home Gardening Project
- Product Reviews: Luxury Outdoor Patio Lounge Sets
- Product Reviews: Luxurious Spas, Hot Tubs and Saunas
- Product Reviews: Powerful Propane Gas and Charcoal Grills
- Product Reviews: High Performance Digital Cameras and Video Camcorders
- Wood and Metal Benches For Home and Outdoor Recreation
- Product Reviews: Luxury Massage Chairs and Chic Recliners
- Renting vs Owning a Home
- 6 Tips For Great Sleep
- Amethyst, Aquarians & Diamonds: Perfect Love Match
- Product Reviews: Highest Rated Luggage Sets and Travel Bags
- Guide to Writing & Launching Your Best-Seller eBooks in 2022
- Product Reviews 2022: Best-Selling Popular GUITAR Recommendations
- Stylish Outdoor Fire Pits and Patio Heaters
- 77 Ways to Pay It Forward and Change Lives in 2022
- Lucrative Home-Based & Small Business Ideas for 2022
- Product Reviews: Most Favorable Baby Cribs and Bassinets
- Tips for Homeowners Selling A House: Quick, Easy Fixes
- Maximize Your Blog Business For Profit in 2022
- The Key to Success is Using Valuable Business Strategies
- 40 Successful Email Marketing Tips and Strategies to Connect with People
- Boost Your Limited Thinking With Affluent Thoughts
- Money Matters: Guide to Blogging For Dollars
- Guide to Finding, Writing & Submitting Grant Proposals
- How to Earn Full-Time Income From Blogging
- Mystery and Suspense Writing: How to Set the Scene
- What Does Compassion and Respect Mean To You?
- Challenge Boys and Girls with LEGO Educational Builder Sets
- Festive Red Holiday Gift Guide
- New Style Handbags & Shoulder Bags for Women
- 3 Powerful Benefits of Using Managed WordPress Web Hosting
- Lovely Unique Gift Baskets For All Occasions
- 5 Key Ways to Protect Your Family’s Home Networks
- How to Rapidly Spot Identity Theft
- Astonishing Saxophone Cover Versions of Popular R&B Songs
- Iconic LEGO Builder Sets and Kits For All Ages
- Build Your Classic Car and Auto Show With LEGO Sets
- Reliable Tea and Coffee Brewers and Cold Beverage Systems
- Classic UGG® Boots and House Slippers For Women and Men
- Elegant Wedding Invitation Cards for the Bride and Groom
- Outdoor Cooking and Grilling Tips For All Seasons
- Essential Things to Know About Cat, Dog and Horse Pet Care
Save Time and Keep Work Flowing—Make changes to a PDF, sign documents, or send them out for e-signature—all from any device. When you use Acrobat Pro DC, you can work anywhere, anytime. 3 Advantages to Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Edit Outside the Office—Correct typos. Swap pictures. Edit PDFs on your favorite screen to get…