Backpacking, Hiking, Mountain Biking & Camping in the Appalachian Mountains. Trek through Tennessee’s State & National Parks, Scenic Waterfalls, Cherokee National Forest, Cumberland Plateau, Fall Creek, Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area.
Hiking Tennessee: A Guide to the State’s Greatest Hiking Adventures
60 easy-to-follow trails in the Volunteer State that allow hikers of all levels to enjoy beautiful views, get fit in the outdoors, and learn about the region’s history.
This site has an affiliate marketing relationship with advertisements. I may receive a small referral fee or commission if you sign up for services or purchase a product. This allows me to continue to curate content.
Hiking Waterfalls Tennessee
This guide includes detailed hike descriptions, maps, and color photos for approximately 100 of the state’s most scenic waterfall hikes. Hike descriptions include history, local trivia, and GPS coordinates. It will take you through state and national parks, forests, monuments and wilderness areas, and from popular city parks to the most remote and secluded corners of the area to view the most spectacular waterfalls.
Tennessee Off the Beaten Path®: Discover Your Fun
Backpacking Tennessee: Overnight Trail Adventures from the Mississippi River to the Appalachian Mountains
40 overnight hikes across West Tennessee, Middle Tennessee, the Cumberland Plateau, and East Tennessee and the Appalachian Mountains. From the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Cherokee National Forest to Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area and Land Between the Lakes, Tennessee offers thousands of miles of trails for adventurers looking to explore.
Hiking Backpack with Rain Cover
Five-Star Trails: Tri-Cities of Tennessee & Virginia
From high mountains to the east and south to the historic walks in Tennessee, the Tri-Cities of Tennessee and Virginia are a hiker’s nirvana. This region offers hundreds of miles of trails to explore in and around Johnson City, Kingsport, and Bristol, as well as the surrounding areas of Abingdon, Elizabethton, Greeneville, and Rogersville.
Tennessee State & National Parks Bucket List: Travel & Explore 25 Most Attractive Parks of Tennessee with this Adventure Guide
If you are heading to the state capital, you’ll be pleased that Nashville is a convenient jumping-off point for visiting and camping in three state parks: Radnor Lake, Cedars of Lebanon, and Rock Island. As the most visited national park in the United States, Great Smoky Mountains National Park is a standout among national parks in Tennessee. This national park & one other park on our list are both associated with outdoor recreation and splendid scenery. The rest of the parks have strong ties to Civil War history. They include historic sites & landmarks, military parks, historical parks, battlefields, and scenic trails.
Natural Arches Big South Fork: Guide To Selected Landforms
No area in the southern mountains boasts a more fascinating array of natural arches and chimney rocks than the rugged Big South Fork country straddling the Tennessee–Kentucky border. Many of the region’s awe-inspiring landforms, carved from stone by water and weather, are accessible to visitors. They are found in three adjoining areas of public land: the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area, Pickett State Park and Forest, and Daniel Boone National Forest.
Best Outdoor Adventures Chattanooga: A Guide to the Area’s Greatest Hiking, Paddling, and Cycling
40 of the best hikes, paddles, and bike routes within an hour’s drive of the Scenic City (along with extra information on climbing and camping adventures), perfect for the urban dweller and suburbanite who may be hard-pressed to find great outdoor activities close to home.
Mountain Bike Trails: North Georgia Mountains, Southeast Tennessee
All the information you need to make the most of off-road cycling in north Georgia and Southeast Tennessee, including the Atlanta and Chattanooga Metro areas. Covers 128 routes over 1,200 miles of mountain bike trails.
Schwinn High Timber Mountain Bike
Waterfalls of Tennessee: Guidebook to over 300 Cataracts in the Volunteer State
Breckenridge, Tennessee Pass Map
This map features key points of interest including Turquoise Lake; Blue River; Camp Hale Recreation Area; Breckenridge and Copper Mountain ski resorts; Ski Cooper Ski Area; and portions of Pike, White River, and San Isabel national forests.
Backpacker: The Complete Guide to Backpacking
From detailed descriptions of what to pack and how to pack it, to navigation and campsite cooking, to managing outdoor hazards and more, The Complete Guide to Backpacking is the definitive resource for Backpacking-related know-how.
DeLorme Atlas & Gazetteer: Tennessee
The perfect companion for exploring the Tennessee outdoors. Information on everything from cities and towns to historic sites, scenic drives, trailheads, boat ramps and even prime fishing spots.
Whether you plan to hike along the Appalachian Trail, kayak the Big South Fork River, swim in Center Hill Lake, or simply relax and enjoy Tennessee’s varied scenery, let this book be your guide.
Coleman Skylodge Camping Tent
Elegear Double Sleeping Mat with Pillow & Built-In Foot Pump
Nashville Tennessee: 50 Travel Tips from a Local
Lightweight Travel Day Pack
Simple backpack for daily use or trips. Reflective strip design increases night security. Two side pockets to hold water bottles.
Wildflowers of Tennessee: The Ohio Valley and the Southern Appalachians
Great Smoky Mountains National Park Map
National Geographic’s Trails Illustrated map of the park combines unparalleled detail and valuable information for outdoor enthusiasts seeking to explore all the area has to offer with particular attention shown to backcountry campsites, shelters, and stream crossings. A detailed profile of the Appalachian National Scenic Trail, which snakes along the ridge of the Great Smoky Mountains, provides a handy tool for hikers. The map features many key points of interest as well, including Cades Cove, Fontana Lake, Maryville, and Gatlinburg.
With over 800 miles of mapped trails, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park map can guide you off the beaten path and back again. The clearly marked trails include mileages between intersections. The map base includes contour lines and elevations for summits, passes and many lakes. Some of the many recreation features include visitor centers, campgrounds, trail shelters, trailheads, boat ramps, scenic overlooks, interpretive trails and quiet walkways.
SKYSPER Hiking Backpack
The Appalachian Trail Day Hikers’ Guide: Downhill to Fine Wine and Accommodations: Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee
Turn an ordinary day into an adventure. Day hike from Springer Mountain, Georgia, to Davenport Gap, Tennessee. Savoring the amazing views of the Smoky Mountains, still and quiet forest, explore the small communities along the way, and find unexpected treasures.
Timberland Men’s Anti-Fatigue Hiking Waterproof Leather Mt. Maddsen Boots
Timberland Women’s Norwood Waterproof Boots
Timberland Kids Mt. Maddsen Hiking Boots
3-Day Great Smoky Mountains National Park Itinerary: Your Guide to the Tennessee & North Carolina’s Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Venture Pal Ultralight Backpack
Hiking Activity Book for Kids: 35 Fun Projects for Your Next Outdoor Adventure
Hiking is an amazing way for kids to explore the great outdoors and learn new things about the world around them. This book is filled with 35 hands-on hiking projects that encourage kids to get outside, gain important skills, and discover all the awesome lessons nature can teach them.
Best Tent Camping: Southern Appalachian and Smoky Mountains: Your Car-Camping Guide to Scenic Beauty, the Sounds of Nature, and an Escape from Civilization
Perfect Camping for You in Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. The Southern Appalachian and Smoky Mountains provide spectacular backdrops for some of the most scenic campgrounds in the country.
Coleman 4-Person Camping Tent
Longstreet Highroad Guide to the Tennessee Mountains
Detailed information on hiking, mountain biking, fishing, hunting, skiing, and other mountain sports of interest to outdoor enthusiasts.
Victorinox Swiss Army Multi-Tool, SwissChamp Pocket Knife
Compact, agile and ready to face any adventure head-on.
High Country Barbecue: Great Eatin’ in the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia
Tennessee Whiskey: How the Volunteer State Became the Center of the Whiskey Renaissance
From Jack Daniel’s and George Dickel to newer craft distilleries that are still aging their first barrels, this book is your comprehensive guide to the state’s renowned distilleries.
Begin a riveting journey around Gatlinburg to explore the hidden gems, scenic wonders, and cultural delights that are waiting for you in this picture-perfect mountain town. You’ll enter a world of natural beauty, adventure, and Appalachian charm. It’s a pleasure to have you visit Gatlinburg, the enticing entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains.
The Great Smoky Mountains: Blue Ridge Parkway and Shenandoah National Park
Extending from Virginia to northern Georgia, the Blue Ridge Mountains include Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the 469-mile-long Blue Ridge Parkway, and Shenandoah National Park, which includes the 105-mile-long Skyline Drive. Within this region are the world-renowned Biltmore Estate, Luray Caverns, Natural Bridge, and Grandfather Mountain. The Blue Ridge range contains the highest mountains on the East Coast, with 125 peaks above 5,000 feet in elevation.
The scenic roadways, spectacular overlooks, and numerous rocky crags offer magnificent views of layer after layer of mountains rolling off into the distance. Hiking trails lead to wild mountain summits, valley streams, and waterfalls. Each season offers a fresh perspective, from fall colors and winter snow and ice to spring and summer flowers and storms. In addition, numerous homes, barns, schools, churches, and mills have been protected and preserved throughout the Blue Ridge Mountains, offering a picturesque look at Appalachian life in past centuries. To appreciate the wonders of this region through the lens of a well-known master photographer is like exploring it for the first time.
Things to Do in the Smokies with Kids
The Smoky Mountain region is an amazing vacation destination: majestic views, wonderful wildlife, thrilling rides, and relaxing walks are all to be found and enjoyed. Activities include relaxing, hiking, shopping, people watching, crafting, backpacking and more.
Tips for visiting Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, and the Smoky Mountains. You’ll find something to suite every family member’s needs or interests. Things to Do in the Smokies with Kids will give you the tips and information you need to explore this popular and picturesque region with confidence.
4 Long Range Walkie Talkies
These portable walkie-talkies are perfect for outdoor adventures, such as camping, hiking, hunting, boating, fishing, skiing and so on.
Tennessee: With the Smoky Mountains: Outdoor Recreation, Live Music, Whiskey, Beer & BBQ
From a long weekend in Nashville to a Great Smokies road trip, plus day trips from Memphis and Nashville. Go whitewater rafting in Cherokee National Forest, hike to rushing waterfalls in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, or spot wild bison in the Land Between the Lakes.
Gatlinburg / Great Smoky Mountains / Pigeon Forge / Sevierville, Tennessee / North Carolina Area Map
Gatlinburg: Unraveling the Charms of the Great Smoky Mountains: Discovering the Natural Wonders, Outdoor thrills, Appalachian Cuisine, Must-See Sight and Cultural Activities
Go on a vacation to Gatlinburg and experience the appeal of a little mountain town, the warmth of Appalachian hospitality, and the splendor of nature. Hike through picturesque trails to flowing waterfalls, historic woodlands, and breathtaking panoramas. Experience the enchantment of fireflies lighting up the night during their simultaneous mating show while capturing the sunrise from Clingmans Dome, the park’s highest peak.
Coleman Evanston Screened Camping Tent
Coleman Road Trip Portable Grill
Waterfalls of Eastern Tennessee MAP
Tennessee Travel: Visit five of the most popular cities the state has to offer
Tennessee is one of North America’s most popular states to visit. There are plenty of landscapes, restaurants, well known attractions, and amazing sites.
Tennessee Trout Waters: Blue-Ribbon Fly-Fishing Guide
There is tremendous diversity in Tennessee’s trout waters: tailwater rivers, mountain streams, and lakes, and much of it is on public land. techniques and fly patterns are given for over 25 different trout waters, as well as what species you can expect, whether hiking is required, available camping and accommodations, whether it is safe for canoe, drift boat or motorized boats, and more.
TOPFORT Fly Fishing Rod and Reel Combo Starter Kit with Carrier Bag
Trial By Trail: Backpacking in the Smoky Mountains
Interwoven throughout these pieces is a wealth of Smoky Mountains lore and history along with dozens of tips for novice backpackers. Molloy’s stories encompass backpacking during all four seasons as well as accounts of solo hiking, off-trail hiking, and whitewater canoeing. Whether describing the hazards of crossing a stream in winter or what to do—and not to do—when one encounters a bear or a rattlesnake, Molloy writes with an infectious enthusiasm that will delight any lover of the outdoors.
101 Fun Facts About Nashville, TN: Discovering Music City One Fascinating Story at a Time
Fall Creek Falls State Park Map & Illustrated Trails: Guide to Hiking, Camping and Exploring Fall Creek Falls State Park
Tennessee Travel Guide 2023: Discover Tennessee’s Hidden Gems
You’ll find yourself roaming the busy streets of Nashville, where the beat of country music resonates with the pulse of the city’s dynamic nightlife. Traverse the foggy paths of the Great Smoky Mountains, where the lush woods and quiet panoramas tell tales of nature’s beauty and tranquility. Walk through the ancient corridors of Memphis, where the echoes of blues and soul music reflect the city’s deep heritage.
Appalachian Trail: Springer Mountain to Davenport Gap Map
Hiking Trails of the Great Smoky Mountains
Backpacking Overnights: North Georgia Mountains and Southeast Tennessee
The Blue Ridge begins in North Georgia, home to the southern terminus of the world-famous Appalachian Trail. Together with Southeast Tennessee, this region boasts thousands of miles of trails where backpackers can explore fabulous state parks, remote wilderness areas, and everything in between. Choose a beginner-friendly trip with a clifftop view, rockhop across pristine mountain streams where swimming holes beckon on hot summer days or challenge yourself on steep summit ascents.
Discovering Tennessee State Parks
Tennessee is one of America’s most beautiful and popular travel destinations and this unique guidebook introduces readers to the fifty-six state parks scattered from the East Tennessee mountains to the Mississippi River on the state’s western border. It offers a complete recreation guide to the opportunities available in Tennessee parks and is the perfect guidebook for families, tourists, hikers, nature lovers, campers, anglers, history buffs, golfers, and outdoor enthusiasts.
Tennessee Travel Guide
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, from a long weekend in Nashville to a Great Smokies road trip, designed for history buffs, families, outdoor adventurers, music lovers, and more, including day trips from Memphis and Nashville
- The best local flavors: Dig into fiery hot chicken and authentic Southern barbecue or sip on samples at the Jack Daniels Distillery
- Can’t-miss music: Catch a performance on the Grand Ole Opry stage or follow in the footsteps of the King at Graceland. Two-step with the locals at a beloved honkytonk, listen to the strums of bluegrass, or tour studios where legends like Johnny Cash recorded their hits.
- Outdoor adventures: Go whitewater rafting in Cherokee National Forest, hike to rushing waterfalls in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, or spot wild bison in the Land Between the Lakes
- Expert advice from local Nashvillian Margaret Littman on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from rugged campgrounds to historic inns.
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Accurate, up-to-date information on the landscape, wildlife, and history of Tennessee
- Trusted recommendations for LGBTQ+ travelers, international visitors, seniors, and travelers with disabilities
50 Hikes in the Tennessee Mountains: Hikes and Walks from the Blue Ridge to the Cumberland Plateau
The Mountains of Eastern Tennessee, with their miles of rugged trails, spectacular waterfalls, and colorful wildflowers, offer some of the finest hiking in the Southeast. The routes range in length from less than a mile to 12 miles, offering rewarding trips for hikers of every ability―some trails are even accessible to strollers and wheelchairs.
Hiking and Camping in the Tennessee Mountains
- Essential Christmas Songs for the Holiday Season
- Fragrance Gift Sets for Men and Women
- Shaping Tomorrow’s Leaders
- Email Marketing Campaigns for Small Business Owners
- Kathleen Peterson’s Mysterious Staircase Death: Accident or Homicide?
- Mysterious Staircase Death Investigations
- Elizabeth Ratliff’s Mysterious Staircase Death in Germany
- Starting a New Business as a New Mother: Tips for Thriving
- Teaching Children about Native Americans
- Spotlight on Native Americans Heritage and History
- Guides to Your Next Road Trip Adventure
- Launching Your Business with Minimal Capital: A Blueprint for Success
- Mastering DIY Marketing: Essential Skills and Strategies for Small Business Owners
- Tips for Homeowners Selling A House: Quick, Easy Fixes
- Ways to Pay It Forward and Change Lives
- Great Examples of How to Empower Women and Young Girls
- Creative and Fun Hobby Projects for Adults and Teens
- Flavorful & Soothing Tea Varieties from Around the World
- Benefits of Humor and Laughter in Life
- Getting Engaged and Getting Married
- Guide to Reflective & Relaxful Meditation Practices & Techniques
- Influential Women in World History
- How to Start a Successful Fundraising Campaign
- How to Become a Social Media Influencer
- Maximize Your Blog Business For Profit in 2023
- Guidebooks to Sustaining Love and Healthy Long-Term Relationships
- Camping and Hiking in the Tennessee Mountains
- Virginia Hiking and Camping Adventures
- Practical Guides to Hiking in Georgia
- How to Start a Successful Airbnb Rental Business
- Hiking and Camping the Pacific West
- Camping and Hiking the Western Region
- Guides to Campground Sites in the U.S. and Canada
- Backpacking, Camping, Hiking New England
- Guides to Mountain Hiking Adventures
- Hiking and Camping Safety Guides
- Inspiring Travel Getaway Destinations
- Exploring the Great Smoky Mountains
- Backpacking Trips with Friends and Family
- Guides to Wine Country Hiking and Wine Tasting Adventures
- Guides to Scenic Waterfalls and Day Hikes
- Guides to Overnight Camping Adventures
- Camping, Hiking, and Mountain Biking in the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Guides to Planning Your Camping and Hiking Trip Adventure
- Guides to Hiking New York and New Jersey
- Guides to Backpacking, Cycling and Hiking Canada
- Guides to Cycling and Hiking in California
- Backpacking and Hiking Safety Guides
- Strategies to Create a Profitable Real Estate Property Investment Business
- Pretty Women in Shades of Pink Outfits & Accessories
- 12 High-Performance Fitness Smart Watches
- Do It Yourself Credit Improvement Process
- Ways to Build Positive Credit
- Guide to Natural Organic Skin Care Treatment Kits
- Discover the Hidden Secrets to Living in Snellville, Georgia
- Moving and Relocating to Atlanta: How to Find Your New Home
- Aquamarine Gemstone Jewelry Gift Ideas
- All-In-One Makeup Kits | Essential Cosmetic Organizers
- Elegant Wedding Invitation Cards for the Bride and Groom
- SANGRIA Red Wine Punch for Brunch, Lunch or Party Time
- Guide to Black Comic Book Creators
- The Captivating Melodies and Music World of Stevie Wonder
- How to Start Your Jewelry-Making Business
- 5 Key Ways to Protect Your Family’s Home Networks
- Cost-Cutting Tips to Reduce Your Electric Bill
- Quintessential Margarita Cocktail Makers & Mixers
- How to Increase Online Fundraiser Donations
- Top-Rated CELEBRITY Cookbooks & CHEF’s Cookware
- Inspirational Music Quotes
- 3 Powerful Benefits of Using Managed WordPress Web Hosting
- Essential Supplies & Tools for Professional Barbers & Barber Shops
- Time to Upgrade Your Home Entertainment System
- Interesting Hobby Ideas for Men and Boys
- Techniques and Tips for Engagement & Wedding Photography | Wedding Videographer
- Digital Photography Techniques & Camera Kits for Beginner & Advanced Photographers