Cost-Cutting Tips to Reduce Your Electric Bill
Challenge yourself to see if you can lower your energy costs during the hot summer days. Here are some simple steps to keep your electricity budget in your comfort zone.
Higher temperatures lead to higher energy usage. Each year, we see our electric bill climb from the mild springtime.
Don’t Forget the Air Filters
A dirty air filter slows airflow and makes your HVAC unit work harder.
Servicing your system every Spring and Fall can save you as much as 10% on your electric bill.
3M Filtrete Air Filter, Clean Living Basic Dust, 6-Pack – Choose the Right Size.
- WASHABLE AND NON-ELECTROSTATIC 3-month pleated 1 in. air filters for your furnace, air conditioner or HVAC system.
- DESIGNED WITH EXCLUSIVE Filtrete Brand 3-in-1 technology from 3M to trap unwanted air particles while letting cleaner air flow through.
- ATTRACTS AND CAPTURES large particles such as lint, household dust and dust mite debris.
This site has an affiliate marketing relationship with advertisements. I may receive a small referral fee or commission if you sign up for services or purchase a product. This allows me to continue to create content.
Install a Programmable Thermostat
To optimize your thermostat, set it at 78 degrees during the summer and spring, especially during the day. When you are away from home, automatically adjust the temperature setting. This will help save on your cooling bill.
Honeywell Home 7-Day Programmable Touchscreen Thermostat
Preventing Air Leaks
Don’t forget to check the sealing around doors and windows, including the basement and attic. It is one of the best ways to keep cool air in and warm air out.
Change Your Light Bulbs
Trade your inefficient incandescent bulbs for LEDs. LED light bulbs use just 10% of the energy to produce the same amount of light as their incandescent equivalents. LEDs last up to 20 times longer and use about one-sixth as much electricity.
Save on Home Energy Costs with SYLVANIA LED A19 Light Bulbs, 60W Equivalent, 800 Lumens, Frosted, Daylight – 24 Pack.
If you haven’t done so already, LED pool lights are one of the most straightforward and practical upgrades you can make. LEDs emit a bright white light that makes night swimming safer.
Durable LED pool lights can last over 20,000 hours and might not need replacing for a decade or more. An incandescent bulb’s lifespan is about 5,000 hours. Make the switch.
In most pools, bulb replacement is easy. Simply unscrew your incandescent bulb and install the LED lamp, then monitor your electric bill savings.
LED Pool Light Bulb 120V 40-Watt Color Changing with Remote Control Color Memory Pool Lights for Inground Pool
A ceiling fan can make a room feel 10 degrees cooler and uses only 10% of the energy compared to a traditional air conditioner.
Portage Bay Hugger 52″ Matte Black West Hill 5-Blade Ceiling Fan with Bowl Light Kit for House, Home or Office. LED Bulb included.
Close the Blinds and Curtains
In the summer, most of the sunlight that falls on standard windows enters the home to become heat. Partially closing curtains and blinds on southern-facing and western-facing windows can help reduce daytime heat gain inside your home.
Efficient Home Entertainment
Avoid using gaming consoles to stream movies and television shows. These devices can draw 10 to 25 times more electricity. Try the Amazon Fire Stick, Roku box, or Apple TV.
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K streaming device with latest Alexa Voice Remote (includes TV controls), Dolby Vision. Compatible with HD TVs and 4K UHD TVs.
Cooking in the Oven
Conventional ovens raise the indoor temperature, forcing your air conditioner to work harder. Plan meals that can be cooked with a microwave, convection or toaster oven, or slow cooker. Better yet, consider cooking outside on the grill.
If you do use the oven, bake several things at once to cut down on the time your oven is on. Do your final food preparation before turning on burners or pre-heating the oven.
Any open hot burner or oven wastes energy. An oven working non-stop to prepare meals gobbles much of the extra power.
Use ceramic or glass cooking pans. You can turn down the oven’s temperature by up to 25 degrees and get the same results. Stagger dishes on upper and lower foil-free racks to allow the oven to run more efficiently.
CorningWare French White 12 Piece Ceramic Bakeware Set
Microwave, Oven, Fridge, Freezer, and Dishwasher Safe | Doesn’t Absorb Food Odors & Stains.
Use suitable burners. If you put a 6-inch pan on an 8-inch burner, more than 40 percent of your heat is wasted.
4 Pack Electric Range Burner Element Unit Set
Let leftover foods cool before refrigerating so the appliance won’t have to work harder.
Running the Dishwasher
According to energy.gov, a dishwasher uses less than half the energy compared to hand washing, which uses much more hot water.
Hot or cold temperatures outside, lights staying on longer and more people at home contribute to the spike in your electric bill.
These simple, inexpensive actions can result in significant savings on your electric bill.
Cost-Cutting Tips to Reduce Your Electric Bill
Share your energy-saving tips to save money on your household electricity. Comment below.
- Natural JADE Statues & Figurines | JADE Jewelry | JADE Gift Sets
- Popular Beauty-Boosting Products Under $50.00
- Beauty Trend: Lip Plumpers to Create Fuller Natural-Looking Lips
- Black Hair Care: Hair Relaxers, Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioners
- Luxurious Face Creams & Exfoliating Body Scrubs
- Men’s Daily Body, Hair & Skincare Essentials
- Money Matters: Insider Tips to Buying a Home
- How to Rapidly Spot Identity Theft
- How to Improve Your Credit History and Scores
- Cost-Cutting Tips to Reduce Your Electric Bill
- Discover the Hidden Secrets to Living in Snellville, Georgia
- Moving and Relocating to Atlanta: How to Find Your New Home
- Trendy Gift Ideas For Men
- Product Reviews: Powerful Propane Gas and Charcoal Grills
- Maximize Your Blog Business For Profit in 2022
- Product Reviews: Luxurious Spas, Hot Tubs and Saunas
- Product Reviews: Luxury Outdoor Patio Lounge Sets
- Launch and Grow Your Home Gardening Project
- Impressive Housewarming and Wedding Gift Ideas for 2022
- Guide to Writing & Launching Your Best-Seller eBooks in 2022
- 7 Travel Security Tips
- Product Reviews: Most Favorable Baby Cribs and Bassinets
- Product Reviews: Highest Rated Luggage Sets and Travel Bags
- Product Reviews: High Performance Digital Cameras and Video Camcorders
- Money Matters: Tracking Your Income and Expenses
- Stylish Outdoor Fire Pits and Patio Heaters
- Top-Rated CELEBRITY Cookbooks & CHEF’s Cookware
- Product Reviews: Luxury Massage Chairs and Chic Recliners
- Money Matters: Earn Cash Back With Rakuten
- Social Media Tips to Increase Your Freelance Writing Success
- Guide to Government Grant Funds in Georgia
- Time to Upgrade Your Home Entertainment System
- Aquamarine Gemstone Jewelry Gifts For Pisces & Aries
- Wood and Metal Benches For Home and Outdoor Recreation
- Renting vs Owning a Home
- 6 Tips For Great Sleep
- Amethyst, Aquarians & Diamonds: Perfect Love Match
- Product Reviews 2022: Best-Selling Popular GUITAR Recommendations
- 77 Ways to Pay It Forward and Change Lives in 2022
- Lucrative Home-Based & Small Business Ideas for 2022
- Tips for Homeowners Selling A House: Quick, Easy Fixes
- The Key to Success is Using Valuable Business Strategies
- 40 Successful Email Marketing Tips and Strategies to Connect with People
- Boost Your Limited Thinking With Affluent Thoughts
- Money Matters: Guide to Blogging For Dollars
- Guide to Finding, Writing & Submitting Grant Proposals
- How to Earn Full-Time Income From Blogging
- Mystery and Suspense Writing: How to Set the Scene
- What Does Compassion and Respect Mean To You?
- Challenge Boys and Girls with LEGO Educational Builder Sets
- Festive Red Holiday Gift Guide
- New Style Handbags & Shoulder Bags for Women
- 3 Powerful Benefits of Using Managed WordPress Web Hosting
- Lovely Unique Gift Baskets For All Occasions
- 5 Key Ways to Protect Your Family’s Home Networks
- Astonishing Saxophone Cover Versions of Popular R&B Songs
- Iconic LEGO Builder Sets and Kits For All Ages
- Build Your Classic Car and Auto Show With LEGO Sets
- Reliable Tea and Coffee Brewers and Cold Beverage Systems
- Classic UGG® Boots and House Slippers For Women and Men
- Elegant Wedding Invitation Cards for the Bride and Groom
- Outdoor Cooking and Grilling Tips For All Seasons
- Essential Things to Know About Cat, Dog and Horse Pet Care
- Country Music: Take a Glance Back Down Memory Lane
- Unique Coffee Gifts for Business Clients and Associates
- Best Practices to Disinfect Your Home and Workspace
- 10 Amazing and Inspiring Whitney Houston Songs For Life
- Proven Tips on Saving Energy and Money at Home
- Ways to Build Positive Credit
- Selling a Home in Atlanta, Georgia and Surrounding Suburbs
- Save Gas and Save Money
- Planning a Trip? 7 Cyber Safety Tips For Travelers
- Benefits of Humor and Laughter in Life
- Money Matters: Understanding Credit and Debt
- 28 Simple Tips for Living Green with Little Effort
- Money Matters: Insights on Dollars and Sense
- Casual & Athletic Sneaker Product Showcase
- Unique Ways Children Develop and Learn Through Playing
- Everything Is Subject To Change In Life
- Ways to Create Visually-Appealing Graphics with Canva Pro
- Brighten Someone’s Day with a Rose Bouquet
- Valuable Benefits of Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- 3 Easy Ways to Make Macaroni Casseroles
- Save Time Cooking with Premium Value Meals
- Relief Supports for Back, Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Guide to Author’s and Writer’s Associations
- Positive Benefits of Walking, Jogging, Running
- How to Write a Persuasive Essay for Your College Application
- Humility, Integrity, and Deception in Everyday Life
- How to Be Productive While Working From Home During COVID-19
- Do It Yourself Credit Improvement Process
Challenge yourself to see if you can lower your energy costs during the hot summer days. Here are some simple steps to keep your electricity budget in your comfort zone. Higher temperatures lead to higher energy usage. Each year, we see our electric bill climb from the mild springtime. Don’t Forget the Air Filters A…