Guides to Backpacking, Camping, and Hiking in the Pacific West Region: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington.
Anchorage, Denali National Park & the Kenai Peninsula
Adventure awaits on the Last Frontier. Make your way through Alaska’s mountains, glaciers, and rivers.
This site has an affiliate marketing relationship with advertisements. I may receive a small referral fee or commission if you sign up for services or purchase a product. This allows me to continue to curate content.
Features 100 hikes in Alaska’s national parks, wildlife refuges, national forests, wilderness areas, and state parks.
Alaska Trails, Campgrounds, & Other Cool Stuff
You’ll also find information on downhill and cross-country ski areas, biking trails, visitor centers/ranger stations, public use cabins, hut systems, boat launches, river float trips, rest stops, and hostels.
Alaska on Foot: Hiking & Climbing
One of the last great wildernesses in the world and a backpacker’s paradise, Alaska is also a land of extremes. Before you head out to this last frontier, there are some important things to know: how to prepare and plan for your trip, how to decide where to go, and how to safely make the most of the experience. This guide contains information on map and compass skills, cross-country travel techniques, “leave no trace” camping practices, stream crossing, bear encounters, tips on finding edible plants, locating salmon runs, and interpreting animal signs, and much more!
Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens | Built-in Wi-Fi | 24.1 MP CMOS Sensor | DIGIC 4+ Image Processor and Full HD Videos
Alaska Travel Guide 2023-2024
Imagine hiking through pristine wilderness, witnessing breathtaking wildlife spectacles, and immersing yourself in the untamed beauty of Alaska. Discover the best hiking trails, from the scenic Inside Passage to the majestic Arctic Alaska.
Fly-Fishing Secrets Alaska’s Best Guides
Alaska is a large and wild place, filled with incredible natural resources and some of the richest fisheries in the world. Whether you’re casting dry flies to grayling, swinging big leeches for steelhead, or stripping heavy baitfish patterns in the open ocean for salmon, you are guaranteed to enjoy the fly-fishing trip of a lifetime.
TOPFORT Fly Fishing Rod and Reel Combo Starter Kit with Carrier Bag
Alaska: Scenic Drives, National Parks, Best Hikes
Embark on a glacier hike, cast your line in the halibut capital of the world, or take an intrepid “flightseeing” tour to secluded glacier landings in Denali National Park. Experience the thrill of spotting wild bears, moose, wolves, or even a walrus, or hop on a boat at Columbia Glacier to watch sea otters, harbor seals, and whales glide through the water. Kayak on tranquil sounds and secluded lakes or camp under a crystal-clear sky full of stars.
Samsung Galaxy S23 Android SmartPhone. 128GB Storage, 50MP Camera
California Camping: The Complete Guide to Tent and RV Camping
- A Campsite for Everyone: A variety of campgrounds and RV parks, from secluded Sierra hike-ins to convenient roadside stopovers, including dog-friendly, family-friendly, and wheelchair accessible options.
- Ratings and Essentials: All campsites are rated on a scenic scale and marked with amenities like restrooms, trailhead access, picnic areas, laundry, piped water, showers, and playgrounds.
- Recreation Highlights: Discover nearby hiking, swimming, fishing, water-skiing, whitewater rafting, hot springs, and options for winter sports.
Best Day Hikes California
Stretch your legs away from the city by picking a hike that works for you, from just a couple of hours to a full day, from easy to hard. Explore Yosemite, marvel at redwoods, and hike the coast. Get to the heart of California and begin your journey now! Highlights for hikers, kid-friendly hikes, accessible trails and what to take.
Minolta Pro Shot 20 Mega Pixel HD Digital Camera with 67x Optical Zoom, Full 1080p HD Video & 16GB SD Card
Hiking and Cycling the California Missions Trail
Guidebook to hiking or cycling the 800-mile California Missions Trail between San Francisco Bay and San Diego.
Schwinn High Timber Mountain Bike
Northern California Hiking
Each hike is marked with round-trip distance and hiking time and rated for scenic beauty and trail difficulty.
50 Hikes with Kids California
Explore beaches, deserts, mountains, and forests. Scavenger hunts for every hike make it fun for families to learn about the region’s geology, flora, and fauna.
Urban Hikes Southern California: A Guide to the Area’s Greatest Urban Hiking Adventures
From the iconic Pacific Coast to deep canyons full of stories to mountaintops with breathtaking views, explore the dramatic Southern California landscape without traveling deep into the backcountry. This book features easy-to-follow urban trails that allow hikers of all levels to discover the landmarks that shape the Golden state’s cities and towns.
Hiking & Backpacking California’s Big Sur
Big Sur Country hugs the Central Coast some 90 miles, from Carmel south toward San Simeon. And it stretches east and southeast, to the lesser-known Ventana and Silver Peak Wilderness areas. Trails include popular destinations such as Sykes Hot Springs and Andrew Molera and Pfeiffer Big Sur State Parks, as well as gems such as the impressive Salmon Creek Falls and the remote Ventana Double Cone.
Hiking California’s Trinity Alps Wilderness
Each trail in the Trinity Alps Wilderness is a gift of backcountry beauty and solitude. Trek to pristine alpine likes or stroll along granite peaks. Escape civilization for a few hours or a few days and experience the best hikes the Trinity Peaks have to offer. Each concise hike description includes color photos, thorough directions, turn-by-turn directions and a detailed trail map. This guide covers everything you need to know to plan your outdoor adventure.
How to Camp in the Woods: A Complete Guide to Finding, Outfitting, and Enjoying Your Adventure in the Great Outdoors
Perfect for everyone from novices to boondockers, this guide provides contemporary and classic wisdom, practical tips, and illustrated DIY advice on every aspect of equipping, packing, setting up camp, cooking, and improvising no matter where you are in the great outdoors.
Victorinox Swiss Army Multi-Tool, SwissChamp Pocket Knife
Coleman Skylodge Camping Tent
Elegear Double Sleeping Pad
Hiking Waterfalls Northern California
All waterfalls can be reached via a pleasant day hike (none more than 10-12 miles round trip), and are suitable for hikers of all ages. Whether you are looking for falls in your backyard, or seeking out cascades farther afield, this guide will take you there.
Hiking Waterfalls Southern California
A beautiful, full-color guidebook to more than 100 of the best waterfall hikes in Southern California.
Hiking with Kids Southern California: 45 Great Hikes for Families
This book will guide you to the best hikes with kids in Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Death Valley, Joshua Tree, and Channel Islands national parks. This book will help you plan hiking adventures in the Southern Sierra, Central Coast, California Deserts, Los Angeles and surrounding areas, and San Diego County.
Hiking Yosemite National Park: A Guide to 62 of the Park’s Greatest Hiking Adventures
Hiking Yosemite National Park features everything from short strolls and day hikes to multiday backcountry treks, every one of which will treat you to some of the world’s most stunning scenery and allow you to get the most out of this remarkably diverse natural wonderland. Best hikes for lakes, waterfalls, views, wildlife, and wildflowers.
50+ Things to do on California’s Central Coast
If you’ve ever wanted to experience the beauty and wonder of California’s central coast, this travel guide has what you need to plan your next get away! This small but mighty travel guide includes:
- The best beaches
- Hiking trails
- Scenic Drives
- Wine Country of Edna Valley and Paso Robles
- Marine Life viewing areas
- Activities for travelers of all ages
Coastal Trails of Southern California
40 of the best coastal trails in Southern California including dog friendly beaches.
Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip: California, Oregon & Washington
Hawaii Road Trips: Discover the Scenery Landscape of Hawaiian Island, Beautiful Beaches, Cultures, Food, & History
Feel the warmth of the golden sands beneath your feet as you explore the vibrant beaches that have beckoned travelers for generations. Dive into the crystal-clear waters, catch the perfect wave, or simply bask in the sun’s gentle embrace. Embark on a virtual tour of iconic landmarks, from the solemn Pearl Harbor to the majestic Diamond Head. Traverse the lush rainforests, witness the fiery spectacle of volcanoes, and witness the mesmerizing hula dance that embodies the spirit of the islands.
The Hikers Guide to the Hawaiian Islands
The best day hikes and backpacks on the Big Island, Kaua‘i, Maui, and O‘ahu. essential information to safely explore some of Hawai‘i’s most spectacular scenery.
Hiking Waterfalls Hawaii
This guide takes you through state and national parks, forests, monuments and wilderness areas, and from popular city parks to the most remote and secluded corners of the area to view the most spectacular waterfalls.
Hiking Maui: The Valley Isle
Hiking trails off the enchanting Hana Highway offer wild fruit, waterfalls and generous swimming holes; the trail from the summit of majestic 10,023-foot Haleakala Volcano into the wilderness provides a surreal adventure and a large measure of solitude.
Backroads & Byways of Hawaii: Drives, Day Trips & Weekend Excursions
Day Hikes Hawaii: Kauai
Discover a stunning landscape of deep valleys dripping with mist, pools fed by waterfalls, and views of some of the world’s most beautiful canyons and shorelines.
Backpacking Oregon: From River Valleys to Mountain Meadows
Colorful desert canyonlands, stunning wildflower meadows, glacier-clad mountains―find your favorite scenic escape. Whether you have three days or two weeks, an adventure filled with spectacular sights and superb vistas awaits.
Grab your sleeping bag, pack the car, and discover the best spots to camp in the great outdoors.
Coleman Broadband Mesh Quad Camping Chair
Campfire Stories Deck: Prompts for Igniting Conversation by the Fire
A collection of 50 cards with storytelling prompts to help people of all ages find engaging and meaningful ways to connect with family and friends. While the glow of a campfire is the iconic setting for intimate stories, these cards can be used anywhere—on a camping trip, in the backyard, around the dining room table, or even an online hangout—to spark a story.
Steel-Belted Cooler Keeps Ice Up to 4 Days | 54-Quart Cooler for Camping, BBQs, Tailgating & Outdoor Activities
100 Hikes: Eastern Oregon
This comprehensive guide has everything you need to plan a day hike, a weekend tour, or a weeks-long vacation in Eastern Oregon, with tips on where to stay and what to see along the way.
100 Hikes: Oregon Coast
Whether you’re touring Highway 101 or exploring off the beaten path, this guide has everything you’ll need to plan a trip to Oregon’s spectacular coast. Easy-to-read maps and detailed descripts of the area’s trails, from easy strolls to backpacking treks. Tips on discovering lighthouses, beaches, harbors, aquariums, picnic spots, towns, and campgrounds.
The Oregon Coast Photo Road Trip: How To Eat, Stay, Play, and Shoot Like a Pro
Whether toting professional gear or just smartphones, travelers will find practical tips and expert knowledge on taking the best photos of the coast’s shorelines, rock faces, lighthouses, and more. Remarkable landscapes and cultural treasures of the Oregon Coast, from Cannon Beach to Bandon Beach.
Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III Digital Camera, Video Creator Kit with Accessories: Tripod, Memory Card, and Detachable Bluetooth Remote
The Bicycling Wine Tourist: Hidden Gems In Oregon Wine Country
Oregon wine expert Claudia Harrington presents 10 exciting bicycle rides to Organic and Sustainable vineyards that produce some of the finest Oregon Wines available.
Day Hikes Salem and Eugene
Easy-to-follow hikes in and around two of Oregon’s most charming and adventurous small cities. Stroll along the river in Salem and visit the Northwest Rainforest outside Eugene’s hip college town.
Columbia River Gorge & Mount Hood in Oregon: Waterfalls & Wildflowers, Craft Beer & Wine, Hiking & Camping
From day trips from Portland or weekend getaways from Vancouver to a road trip along the Fruit Loop, designed for outdoor adventurers, families, foodies and wine-lovers, and more. Hike through fields of wildflowers and marvel at the towering cascades of Waterfall Alley. Make your way to the top of Beacon Rock for panoramic views of the Gorge or hit the slopes of Mount Hood in the winter. Kayak or raft along the White Salmon River, soak in a hot spring surrounded by old growth forest, and spend the night under the stars on the shores of a pristine lake.
Cast-Iron Camping Cookbook: Easy Skillet Recipes for Outdoor Cooking
There’s nothing better after a day of hiking and exploring than a hot meal at your campsite. The 75 fast, easy, and creative recipes in this cast iron cookbook will make your camp kitchen the place to be. With one-skillet meals designed for fast prep, simple cooking, and quick cleanup, you’ll always have something delicious for everyone—and more time to enjoy the outdoors.
Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron 5-Piece Bundle
10.5″ Griddle, 8″ Skillet, 10.25″ Skillet, 10.25″ Dutch Oven, and Lid
Backpacking Washington: Overnight and Multi-Day Routes
80 routes, from the lush Hoh River Valley to breathtaking vistas in the North Cascades to the open ridges of the Columbia Highlands and beyond. With an emphasis on weekend trips, routes range from overnights to weeklong treks with suggested campsites. Information about the Pacific Crest, Pacific Northwest, and Wonderland Trails.
This guide to more than 300 public campgrounds in the state of Washington is perfect for tent and RV campers alike. Best campgrounds in six categories: families with small children and families with teenagers, campers who seek solitude, anglers, hikers, and wildlife viewers.
A short story book containing 100 scary, funny and friendly tales for kids and adults. For generations, people have gathered around campfires to tell tales of adventure, mystery, and wonder. These stories have been passed down through the ages, each one carrying with it the wisdom and wonder of those who have come before.
Best Easy Day Hikes in Washington’s Olympic National Park
Easy-to-follow maps for thirty-one short, manageable hikes.
- Half-hour strolls to full-day adventures
- Hikes for everyone, including families
- Hikes ranked from easiest to most challenging
- GPS coordinates
Hiking Activity Book for Kids: 35 Fun Projects for Your Next Outdoor Adventure
Hiking is an amazing way for kids to explore the great outdoors and learn new things about the world around them. This book is filled with 35 hands-on hiking projects that encourage kids to get outside, gain important skills, and discover all the awesome lessons nature can teach them.
Simple backpack for daily use or trips. Reflective strip design increases night security. Two side pockets to hold water bottles.
Timberland Men’s Anti-Fatigue Hiking Waterproof Leather Mt. Maddsen Boots
Timberland Women’s Norwood Mid Waterproof Boots
Timberland Kids Mt. Maddsen Waterproof Mid Leather Hiking Boots
Day Hiking North Cascades
1% of sales donated to the Washington Trails Association for trail maintenance. This guide covers Mount Baker, the North Cascades Highway (SR 20) corridor, North Cascades National Park, Winthrop and the Methow Valley, the Pasayten Wilderness area, parts of Glacier Peak Wilderness, and the Mountain Loop Highway. Compact and fresh with a broad range of hiking options, this is the most up-to-date guide for the area, and is organized along highway and other travel corridors with an emphasis on trails that are 12 miles or shorter, round-trip.
Explore Washington’s Evergreen Forests, Drive the Scenic Route Through Oregon’s Quaint Beach Towns, and Hike Through Idaho’s Stunning State Parks
Discover what makes the Pacific Northwest one of the most breathtaking places you can visit in the United States. With its serene forests, inspiring mountain ranges, and incredible urban jungles, you won’t run out of sights to see and wonders to experience.
Clarks Orianna Hiker Boots
Guide to Tent and RV Camping in Washington and Oregon
Beer Hiking Pacific Northwest 2nd Edition: The Tastiest Way to Discover Washington, Oregon and British Columbia
Beer lovers and hiking enthusiasts, these 52 Pacific Northwest hikes are for you! Each carefully-selected hike leads you through stunning scenery and ends near a brewery or a brewpub—where a local craft beer awaits!
Climbing Washington’s Mountains: 100 Classic Summit Routes to Washington’s Cascade and Olympic Mountains
Easy to follow directions to climbing 100 of Washington’s most visible, historically significant, and interesting mountains with summits over 5,000 feet. From introductory level off-trail summit hikes and scrambles to multi-pitch alpine rock and high volcano climbs, this guide is suitable for beginning scramblers and alpine rock climbers as well as more experienced climbers.
Hot Springs in the Pacific Northwest
Descriptions of more than 80 scenic hikes to or starting at more than 140 hot springs in Idaho, Washington, Oregon, and British Columbia.
Hiking & Camping in the Pacific Western Region
- Essential Christmas Songs for the Holiday Season
- Fragrance Gift Sets for Men and Women
- Shaping Tomorrow’s Leaders
- Email Marketing Campaigns for Small Business Owners
- Kathleen Peterson’s Mysterious Staircase Death: Accident or Homicide?
- Mysterious Staircase Death Investigations
- Elizabeth Ratliff’s Mysterious Staircase Death in Germany
- Starting a New Business as a New Mother: Tips for Thriving
- Teaching Children about Native Americans
- Spotlight on Native Americans Heritage and History
- Guides to Your Next Road Trip Adventure
- Launching Your Business with Minimal Capital: A Blueprint for Success
- Mastering DIY Marketing: Essential Skills and Strategies for Small Business Owners
- Tips for Homeowners Selling A House: Quick, Easy Fixes
- Ways to Pay It Forward and Change Lives
- Great Examples of How to Empower Women and Young Girls
- Creative and Fun Hobby Projects for Adults and Teens
- Flavorful & Soothing Tea Varieties from Around the World
- Benefits of Humor and Laughter in Life
- Getting Engaged and Getting Married
- Guide to Reflective & Relaxful Meditation Practices & Techniques
- Influential Women in World History
- How to Start a Successful Fundraising Campaign
- How to Become a Social Media Influencer
- Maximize Your Blog Business For Profit in 2023
- Guidebooks to Sustaining Love and Healthy Long-Term Relationships
- Camping and Hiking in the Tennessee Mountains
- Virginia Hiking and Camping Adventures
- Practical Guides to Hiking in Georgia
- How to Start a Successful Airbnb Rental Business
- Hiking and Camping the Pacific West
- Camping and Hiking the Western Region
- Guides to Campground Sites in the U.S. and Canada
- Backpacking, Camping, Hiking New England
- Guides to Mountain Hiking Adventures
- Hiking and Camping Safety Guides
- Inspiring Travel Getaway Destinations
- Exploring the Great Smoky Mountains
- Backpacking Trips with Friends and Family
- Guides to Wine Country Hiking and Wine Tasting Adventures
- Guides to Scenic Waterfalls and Day Hikes
- Guides to Overnight Camping Adventures
- Camping, Hiking, and Mountain Biking in the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Guides to Planning Your Camping and Hiking Trip Adventure
- Guides to Hiking New York and New Jersey
- Guides to Backpacking, Cycling and Hiking Canada
- Guides to Cycling and Hiking in California
- Backpacking and Hiking Safety Guides
- Strategies to Create a Profitable Real Estate Property Investment Business
- Pretty Women in Shades of Pink Outfits & Accessories
- 12 High-Performance Fitness Smart Watches
- Do It Yourself Credit Improvement Process
- Ways to Build Positive Credit
- Guide to Natural Organic Skin Care Treatment Kits
- Discover the Hidden Secrets to Living in Snellville, Georgia
- Moving and Relocating to Atlanta: How to Find Your New Home
- Aquamarine Gemstone Jewelry Gift Ideas
- All-In-One Makeup Kits | Essential Cosmetic Organizers
- Elegant Wedding Invitation Cards for the Bride and Groom
- SANGRIA Red Wine Punch for Brunch, Lunch or Party Time
- Guide to Black Comic Book Creators
- The Captivating Melodies and Music World of Stevie Wonder
- How to Start Your Jewelry-Making Business
- 5 Key Ways to Protect Your Family’s Home Networks
- Cost-Cutting Tips to Reduce Your Electric Bill
- Quintessential Margarita Cocktail Makers & Mixers
- How to Increase Online Fundraiser Donations
- Top-Rated CELEBRITY Cookbooks & CHEF’s Cookware
- Inspirational Music Quotes
- 3 Powerful Benefits of Using Managed WordPress Web Hosting
- Essential Supplies & Tools for Professional Barbers & Barber Shops
- Time to Upgrade Your Home Entertainment System
- Interesting Hobby Ideas for Men and Boys
- Techniques and Tips for Engagement & Wedding Photography | Wedding Videographer
- Digital Photography Techniques & Camera Kits for Beginner & Advanced Photographers