Humility, Integrity, and Deception in Everyday Life
“Humility is to make a right estimate of one’s self; it is no humility for a man to think less of himself than he ought.” ~C. H. Spurgeon
“The true way to be humble is not to stoop until you are smaller than yourself, but to stand at your real height against some higher nature that will show you what the real smallness of your greatness is.” ~Phillips Brooks
What Is Humility?
Humility does not come naturally. It requires deliberate, ongoing effort. It does not take much to realize that honesty is not valued in our society.
Sure, people talk about the need for transparency in government and business, but many people still live as though deception is a necessary part of success in everyday life.
Think about your own life experiences. How often have you justified stretching the truth?
Maybe you tried to cover up a wrong decision. Or, maybe you wanted to avoid the awkwardness of giving your honest opinion to a family member, friend, or co-worker.
The time to decide whether you will lie or tell the truth is not in the moment of temptation.
Lies and manipulation may seem like the quickest route to getting what you want, but they lead only to more trouble.
Determine beforehand how you want to relate to others, do your work, and handle your personal and business endeavors.
From the way that we deal with relationship conflicts to how we handle job responsibilities, what we do, and how we do it matters.
Note: This site has a marketing affiliate relationship with advertisements. I may receive a small referral fee or commission if you sign up for services or purchase a product. This allows me to continue to create content.
We want what we want now and are unwilling to wait or trust that someone else will come through.
We may assume that every opportunity is a door opened for you, only to discover later that it was not the right situation or timing.
We may feel that we cannot continue in our present circumstances if certain things do not happen as we expect.
Self-Identity in the Wrong Things
We feel good about ourselves only if we succeed by societal standards.
Discontent or jealousy causes us to push ahead and use manipulative and deceptive tactics to get our way.
Behind closed doors and no one else is around, are you the same person you present to outsiders?
What is Integrity?
Integrity is essential for close relationships.
Since dishonesty and duplicity create barriers to long-term relationships, we need to maintain an honest heart and proper behavior.
Our actions display integrity. It’s not just about what we do; it’s about our nature.
Before we can be honest and upright externally, we must be authentic internally.
Integrity influences how we relate to others, particularly those closest to us.
Being good neighbors and trustworthy friends who do not gossip, spread slander, hold grudges or seek revenge.
We should keep our promises, treat others fairly, and not take advantage of anyone.
A lack of integrity often brings ruin to our lives while we’re working hard to build and protect our livelihoods, families, and businesses.
We should also be discriminating in our associations, knowing that certain lifestyle activities will drag us down.
Integrity gives us stability in life. When we live honestly, we have no fear of “being found out” because we’re authentic inside and out.
There is no duplicity, no covering up. Don’t be fooled by thinking, “It won’t hurt anyone” or “No one will ever know.”
Even if we suffer for telling the truth, we will not be shaken because we’re standing on solid ground.
We are not perfect, but we can strive to be better people.
Giving Up Our Integrity
When we focus on our fears and selfish desires, we may be tempted to use deception to get what we want or avoid what we do not want.
When we choose to live without integrity, we’re deceiving only ourselves.
Types of Deception
Gossip and slander often begin with indirect comments about another person or group, which give an impression of stigma, stereotyping, or wrongdoing.
When we want to manipulate a situation to present ourselves in a good light, we either embellish the truth or omit part of it to shape the other person’s perception.
Our culture puts lies on a sliding scale. When they seem unimportant and carry no severe repercussions, we refer to them as “little white lies.”
When we tell the truth but omit some essential facts to gain an advantage or protect ourselves, it’s still deception.
Start Promoting Retailer Products on your Web Pages and Earn Commissions. Join the FLEX OFFERS Affiliate Marketing Network Today! You can also Earn Bonuses with the Refer-a-Friend program.
HUMILITY, INTEGRITY, AND DECEPTION IN EVERYDAY LIFE
- Top-Rated CELEBRITY Cookbooks & CHEF’s Cookware
- Money Matters: Insider Tips to Buying a Home
- Discover the Hidden Secrets to Living in Snellville, Georgia
- Guide to Government Grant Funds in Georgia
- Time to Upgrade Your Home Entertainment System
- Trendy Gift Ideas For Men
- Aquamarine Gemstone Jewelry Gifts For Pisces & Aries
- Impressive Housewarming and Wedding Gift Ideas for 2022
- Launch and Grow Your Home Gardening Project
- Product Reviews: Luxury Outdoor Patio Lounge Sets
- Product Reviews: Luxurious Spas, Hot Tubs and Saunas
- Product Reviews: Powerful Propane Gas and Charcoal Grills
- Product Reviews: High Performance Digital Cameras and Video Camcorders
- Wood and Metal Benches For Home and Outdoor Recreation
- Product Reviews: Luxury Massage Chairs and Chic Recliners
- Renting vs Owning a Home
- 6 Tips For Great Sleep
- Amethyst, Aquarians & Diamonds: Perfect Love Match
- Product Reviews: Highest Rated Luggage Sets and Travel Bags
- Guide to Writing & Launching Your Best-Seller eBooks in 2022
- Product Reviews 2022: Best-Selling Popular GUITAR Recommendations
- Stylish Outdoor Fire Pits and Patio Heaters
- 77 Ways to Pay It Forward and Change Lives in 2022
- Lucrative Home-Based & Small Business Ideas for 2022
- Product Reviews: Most Favorable Baby Cribs and Bassinets
- Tips for Homeowners Selling A House: Quick, Easy Fixes
- Maximize Your Blog Business For Profit in 2022
- The Key to Success is Using Valuable Business Strategies
- 40 Successful Email Marketing Tips and Strategies to Connect with People
- Boost Your Limited Thinking With Affluent Thoughts
- Money Matters: Guide to Blogging For Dollars
- Guide to Finding, Writing & Submitting Grant Proposals
- How to Earn Full-Time Income From Blogging
- Mystery and Suspense Writing: How to Set the Scene
- What Does Compassion and Respect Mean To You?
- Challenge Boys and Girls with LEGO Educational Builder Sets
- Festive Red Holiday Gift Guide
- New Style Handbags & Shoulder Bags for Women
- 3 Powerful Benefits of Using Managed WordPress Web Hosting
- Lovely Unique Gift Baskets For All Occasions
- 5 Key Ways to Protect Your Family’s Home Networks
- How to Rapidly Spot Identity Theft
- Astonishing Saxophone Cover Versions of Popular R&B Songs
- Iconic LEGO Builder Sets and Kits For All Ages
- Build Your Classic Car and Auto Show With LEGO Sets
- Reliable Tea and Coffee Brewers and Cold Beverage Systems
- Classic UGG® Boots and House Slippers For Women and Men
- Elegant Wedding Invitation Cards for the Bride and Groom
- Outdoor Cooking and Grilling Tips For All Seasons
- Essential Things to Know About Cat, Dog and Horse Pet Care
- Country Music: Take a Glance Back Down Memory Lane
- Unique Coffee Gifts for Business Clients and Associates
- Best Practices to Disinfect Your Home and Workspace
- How to Improve Your Credit History and Scores
- 10 Amazing and Inspiring Whitney Houston Songs For Life
- Proven Tips on Saving Energy and Money at Home
- Ways to Build Positive Credit
- Selling a Home in Atlanta, Georgia and Surrounding Suburbs
- 7 Travel Security Tips
- Save Gas and Save Money
“Humility is to make a right estimate of one’s self; it is no humility for a man to think less of himself than he ought.” ~C. H. Spurgeon “The true way to be humble is not to stoop until you are smaller than yourself, but to stand at your real height against some higher nature…