The City “Where Everybody’s Proud to Be Somebody” is a Hot Spot for Families, Entrepreneurs, and Small Businesses.
Snellville is known for its increasingly diverse community.
Snellville’s convenient Gwinnett County location, approximately 18 miles east of Atlanta and 45 miles west of Athens, has allowed it to prosper as a hub of commerce and retail in Northeast Georgia.
Snellville fosters opportunities for businesses and young professionals, activities for families young and old.
Compared to the rest of the country, Snellville’s cost of living is approximately 2.3% lower than the U.S. average.
Buying a Home in Snellville, Georgia
It’s a Good Time to Buy in Snellville. There are quality homes at affordable prices. Home appreciation is up in the last 12 months.
If you are considering purchasing a single-family home, townhouse, or other real estate property, I believe it will be an excellent decision to utilize the services of a licensed REALTOR®.
A good real estate agent/broker has experience and relevant information to help you make the best possible choice in your search for a new home.
8th & Oak Realty Property Management
Terina serves Property Owners and Tenants in Snellville, Conyers, Grayson, Lawrenceville, Lilburn, Loganville, Norcross, Peachtree Corners, and many other Metro Atlanta suburbs. Contact 8th & Oak Realty.
She Will Guide You Through the Process of Purchasing or Leasing:
- Residential Single-Family Homes and Estates
- High-Rise and Low-Rise Condominiums
- Brownstones, Townhomes, or Townhouses
- Multi-Family Investment Properties
- Office and Retail Space
Golf Courses in or near Snellville
- Country Club of Gwinnett
- Summit Chase Country Club
- Stone Mountain Golf Club
- TPC Sawgrass in Duluth
Variety of Shopping and Dining Options in Snellville
There is an abundance of nearby shopping centers and restaurants.
- The Shoppes at Webb Gin on Scenic Highway
- Presidential Commons Retail Shopping Center near Emory Eastside Medical Center, one of the largest hospitals in the area.
- Grayson Village in Loganville
- Village Shoppes of Sugarloaf in Lawrenceville
- Five Forks Corner Shopping Center in Lilburn
- Loganville Town Center
- Kroger and Publix Grocery Stores
Mixed-Use Development in Snellville
The city is creating a walkable Downtown consisting of 50,000 sq. ft. of shopping, dining, recreation, and business space.
The Grove at Towne Center will include over 275 luxury residential units, retail space (including a special use Market Building), medical offices, the new Gwinnett County Elizabeth H. Williams Library with second floor co-working space and a 750 parking-space parking deck, all surrounding The Grove, a one-acre town green space with significant common areas.
The Northside Hospital buildings will include physician offices, an ambulatory surgery center, urgent care and other outpatient services catering to the residents of Snellville.
The Snellville Farmers’ Market
Snellville is home to the award-winning Snellville Farmers’ Market.
The Market provides an opportunity for area residents to purchase fresh produce, meat, and more each Saturday from June through September. Well-behaved, leashed dogs are welcome. You are advised to bring poop bags along…just in case!
Recreational Activities in Snellville, Georgia
PARKS IN SNELLVILLE
Lenora Park—Has an Outdoor Leisure Pool with Waterslide—4500 Lenora Church Rd
South Gwinnett Park—23 acre park—2015 McGee Road
T. W. Briscoe Park with Pool—Current Events and Happenings
More Athletic Activities: Adult Softball, Adult Kickball, Youth Soccer, Generals Athletic Club, Flag Football, and Tennis
- AMF Snellville Lanes
- AMF in Conyers
- Bowlero in Lawrenceville
- Stars and Strikes in Loganville
ANNUAL SNELLVILLE DAYS FESTIVAL
Arts and Crafts Festival at T. W. Briscoe Park. Snellville Parks & Recreation.
For more information on volunteering, entertaining, or being a vendor or sponsor, email: [email protected]
COMMUNITY GARDEN AT SNELLVILLE
The Garden is located in T. W. Briscoe Park on the corner of Marigold Road and Sawyer Parkway.
The Community Garden @ Snellville adds a new dimension to Snellville’s sense of community. A proclamation was presented to the team to recognize the many hours that the team, made up of volunteers, spends nurturing seedlings in the garden greenhouse and then selling them at the Snellville Farmers’ Market.
According to the Proclamation, “The Community Garden strengthens the community by providing a setting for social interaction, education, and self-sufficient food production with a focus on health and wellness.”
It offers space for families to grow flowers, food for their own consumption and to donate to local charities.
Currently, the garden includes 48 raised beds, a pavilion, beehives, a greenhouse, a tool shed, and a large perennial garden.
Business Networking Groups in Gwinnett County
Gwinnett Council for Seniors—Lawrenceville—Connecting and Empowering the Senior Citizens of Gwinnett County.
Greater Eastside Chamber of Commerce—Serving Snellville, Grayson, and Loganville
The Association of Chinese Professionals
The Minority Professionals Network in Atlanta
Snellville Tourism & Trade (STAT) works to improve the community in many ways.
The organization produces numerous events throughout the year, including the Snellville Beach Blast, Star Spangled Snellville, the Snellville Fall Festival, and the annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony.
The Snellville Commerce Club promotes the city’s businesses by hosting regular lunch meetings and special events.
The Snellville Historical Society
The Snellville Parks & Recreation Department offers programs and activities at the Snellville Active Adult Center for adults over 50.
Most of the programs are held at 2350 Oak Road. They offer exercise classes, a fitness room, an open billiards table, card groups, social groups, computer classes, crochet and knitting club, painting classes, and so much more. Visit their Facebook page for more information.
Gwinnett County Public Schools
Schools in Snellville, Georgia
- Anderson-Livsey Elementary School
- Annistown Elementary School
- Britt Elementary School
- Brookwood Elementary School
- Brookwood High School
- Centerville Elementary School
- Partee Elementary School
- Pharr Elementary School
- R. L. Norton Elementary School
- Shiloh Elementary School
- Shiloh High School
- Shiloh Middle School
- Snellville Christian Academy
- Snellville Middle School
- South Gwinnett High School
Youth Programs and Scholarships
Walton Electric Trust Scholarship
The Walton Electric Trust student scholarship is open to any graduating high school senior or incoming college freshman with no more than 15 hours of college credit.
Winners are selected by overall evaluation; awards are not based on grade point average.
Students planning to attend technical, vocational, or other non-traditional university education are strongly urged to apply.
To qualify, the student’s primary residence must be served by Walton EMC. The number of student scholarships will be awarded depending on the quality of applicants.
View the Trust Scholarship video.
Download the application here.
Walton EMC Engineering Leadership Scholarship
The Walton EMC Engineering Leadership Scholarship provides five $10,000 scholarships to students who study one of the bachelor’s degree programs within the University of Georgia College of Engineering.
The scholarship is open to residents of the counties Walton EMC serves, including Athens-Clarke, Barrow, DeKalb, Greene, Gwinnett, Morgan, Newton, Oconee, Rockdale, and Walton.
View the Engineering Leadership Scholarship video.
UGA Engineering Scholarships website.
Walter Harrison Scholarship
Each year, the Walter Harrison Scholarship program awards $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors and undergraduate students attending any vocational school or two- or four-year accredited college or university in Georgia.
Funded by Georgia’s electric cooperatives such as Walton EMC, the scholarships are awarded annually based on academic achievement and financial need.
Gwinnett Entrepreneur Center in Lawrenceville
Helping Gwinnett’s Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs Thrive.
The Center will be operated by staff from Georgia Gwinnett College, which will provide instruction, practical assistance, and other supporting services.
Members will learn from the experts about essential principles of business and develop relationships to help them succeed.
The new Entrepreneur Center offers aspiring manufacturers, restaurateurs, and other businesses services such as nuts-and-bolts business classes, workshops, coaching, peer-learning, and connections to customers and sources of capital.
Businesses accepted for membership will have access to private offices and co-working space.
If you are interested in receiving news and updates via email regarding the center, please click here to sign up.
Genuine Leather Backpack with Separate Laptop Compartment
Roomy interior compartment with slots and dividers for files, phone, pen, tablet. Separate laptop compartment for easy airport access. Leather key fob. Concealed zip out water bottle holder. Available in Tan, Brown or Distressed Buffalo.
Georgia Gwinnett College is a Public College located in nearby Lawrenceville, Georgia.
Let Terina Help You Find Your Perfect Home Today!
Tips for Homeowners Selling A House: Quick, Easy Fixes
Moving and Relocating to Atlanta: How to Find Your New Home
Discover the Hidden Secrets to Living in Snellville, Georgia
- Money Matters: Insider Tips to Buying a Home
- Pretty Women in Shades of Pink Outfits & Accessories
- How to Start Your Jewelry-Making Business
- The Captivating Melodies and Music World of Stevie Wonder
- Great Examples of How to Empower Women and Young Girls
- Guide to Black Comic Book Creators
- Creative and Fun Hobby Projects for Adults and Teens
- Ways to Pay It Forward and Change Lives
- How to Become a Social Media Influencer
- Serena Williams Legacy—Professional Tennis Player
- The Rise of Rap and Hip-Hop Songs
- Tips for Homeowners Selling A House: Quick, Easy Fixes
- Advantages of Single Serve Coffee Brewers & K-Cup Coffee Pods
- SANGRIA Red Wine Punch for Brunch, Lunch or Party Time
- Quintessential Margarita Cocktail Makers & Mixers
- Interesting Hobby Ideas for Men and Boys
- Renting vs Owning a Home
- Maximize Your Blog Business For Profit in 2023
- All-In-One Makeup Kits | Essential Cosmetic Organizers
- Guidebooks to Sustaining Love and Healthy Long-Term Relationships
- Digital Photography Techniques & Camera Kits for Beginner & Advanced Photographers
- Influential Women in World History
- How to Start a Successful Fundraising Campaign
- Black Women in History
- Aquamarine Gemstone Jewelry Gift Ideas
- Ways to Create Visually-Appealing Graphics with Canva Pro
- Moving and Relocating to Atlanta: How to Find Your New Home
- How to Increase Online Fundraiser Donations
- Discover the Hidden Secrets to Living in Snellville, Georgia
- Getting Engaged and Getting Married
- African American History Books
- Recommended Books on Black History
- Two Hearts of Love and Diamonds
- The Wonderful Power of the Cross
- Useful Guidebooks for Nurses Daily Healthcare Routines
- Special Birthday and Anniversary Gift Ideas
- Guide to Natural Organic Skin Care Treatment Kits
- 3 Powerful Benefits of Using Managed WordPress Web Hosting
- Ways to Build Positive Credit
- Positive Benefits of Walking, Jogging, Running
- Benefits of Humor and Laughter in Life
- Amethyst & Diamonds: Perfect Love Match
- Guide to Writing & Publishing Your eBooks
- The Beauty of Blue Sapphire Gemstone Jewelry for Men & Women
- Cost-Cutting Tips to Reduce Your Electric Bill
- Inspirational Music Quotes
- Fragrance Gift Sets for Men and Women
- Guide to Reflective & Relaxful Meditation Practices & Techniques
- Powerful Health & Beauty Benefits of Using Aloe Vera
- Product Reviews: Baby Cribs and Bassinets
- 12 High-Performance Fitness Smart Watches
- Elegant Wedding Invitation Cards for the Bride and Groom
- Time to Upgrade Your Home Entertainment System
- Best Practices to Disinfect Your Home and Workspace
- How to Improve Your Credit History and Scores
- 5 Key Ways to Protect Your Family’s Home Networks
- Do It Yourself Credit Improvement Process
- Essential Supplies & Tools for Professional Barbers & Barber Shops
- Nina Simone: American Singer/Songwriter & Pianist
- Stylish Outdoor Fire Pits and Patio Heaters