The City “Where Everybody’s Proud to Be Somebody” is a Hot Spot for Families, Entrepreneurs, and Small Businesses.
Snellville is known for its increasingly diverse community.
Snellville’s convenient Gwinnett County location, approximately 18 miles east of Atlanta and 45 miles west of Athens, has allowed it to prosper as a hub of commerce and retail in Northeast Georgia.
Snellville fosters opportunities for businesses and young professionals, activities for families young and old.
Compared to the rest of the country, Snellville’s cost of living is approximately 2.3% lower than the U.S. average.
Buying a Home in Snellville, Georgia
It’s a Good Time to Buy in Snellville. There are quality homes at affordable prices. Home appreciation is up in the last 12 months.
If you are considering purchasing a single-family home, townhouse, or other real estate property, I believe it will be an excellent decision to utilize the services of a licensed REALTOR®.
A good real estate agent/broker has experience and relevant information to help you make the best possible choice in your search for a new home.
8th & Oak Realty Property Management
Terina serves Property Owners and Tenants in Snellville, Conyers, Grayson, Lawrenceville, Lilburn, Loganville, Norcross, Peachtree Corners, and many other Metro Atlanta suburbs. Contact 8th & Oak Realty.
She Will Guide You Through the Process of Purchasing or Leasing:
- Residential Single-Family Homes and Estates
- High-Rise and Low-Rise Condominiums
- Brownstones, Townhomes, or Townhouses
- Multi-Family Investment Properties
- Office and Retail Space
Golf Courses in or near Snellville
Variety of Shopping and Dining Options in Snellville
There is an abundance of nearby shopping centers and restaurants.
- The Shoppes at Webb Gin on Scenic Highway
- Presidential Commons Retail Shopping Center near Emory Eastside Medical Center, one of the largest hospitals in the area.
- Grayson Village in Loganville
- Village Shoppes of Sugarloaf in Lawrenceville
- Five Forks Corner Shopping Center in Lilburn
- Loganville Town Center
- Kroger and Publix Grocery Stores
Mixed-Use Development in Snellville
The city is creating a walkable Downtown consisting of 50,000 sq. ft. of shopping, dining, recreation, and business space.
The Grove at Towne Center will include over 275 luxury residential units, retail space (including a special use Market Building), medical offices, the new Gwinnett County Elizabeth H. Williams Library with second floor co-working space and a 750 parking-space parking deck, all surrounding The Grove, a one-acre town green space with significant common areas.
The Northside Hospital buildings will include physician offices, an ambulatory surgery center, urgent care and other outpatient services catering to the residents of Snellville.
The Snellville Farmers’ Market
Snellville is home to the award-winning Snellville Farmers’ Market.
The Market provides an opportunity for area residents to purchase fresh produce, meat, and more each Saturday from June through September. Well-behaved, leashed dogs are welcome. You are advised to bring poop bags along…just in case!
Recreational Activities in Snellville, Georgia
PARKS IN SNELLVILLE
Lenora Park—Has an Outdoor Leisure Pool with Waterslide—4500 Lenora Church Rd
South Gwinnett Park—23 acre park—2015 McGee Road
More Athletic Activities: Adult Softball, Adult Kickball, Youth Soccer, Generals Athletic Club, Flag Football, and Tennis
- AMF Snellville Lanes
- AMF in Conyers
- Bowlero in Lawrenceville
- Stars and Strikes in Loganville
ANNUAL SNELLVILLE DAYS FESTIVAL
Arts and Crafts Festival at T. W. Briscoe Park. Snellville Parks & Recreation.
For more information on volunteering, entertaining, or being a vendor or sponsor, email: [email protected]
COMMUNITY GARDEN AT SNELLVILLE
The Garden is located in T. W. Briscoe Park on the corner of Marigold Road and Sawyer Parkway.
The Community Garden @ Snellville adds a new dimension to Snellville’s sense of community. A proclamation was presented to the team to recognize the many hours that the team, made up of volunteers, spends nurturing seedlings in the garden greenhouse and then selling them at the Snellville Farmers’ Market.
According to the Proclamation, “The Community Garden strengthens the community by providing a setting for social interaction, education, and self-sufficient food production with a focus on health and wellness.”
It offers space for families to grow flowers, food for their own consumption and to donate to local charities.
Currently, the garden includes 48 raised beds, a pavilion, beehives, a greenhouse, a tool shed, and a large perennial garden.
Business Networking Groups in Gwinnett County
Gwinnett Council for Seniors—Lawrenceville—Connecting and Empowering the Senior Citizens of Gwinnett County.
Greater Eastside Chamber of Commerce—Serving Snellville, Grayson, and Loganville
Snellville Tourism & Trade (STAT) works to improve the community in many ways.
The organization produces numerous events throughout the year, including the Snellville Beach Blast, Star Spangled Snellville, the Snellville Fall Festival, and the annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony.
The Snellville Commerce Club promotes the city’s businesses by hosting regular lunch meetings and special events.
The Snellville Parks & Recreation Department offers programs and activities at the Snellville Active Adult Center for adults over 50.
Most of the programs are held at 2350 Oak Road. They offer exercise classes, a fitness room, an open billiards table, card groups, social groups, computer classes, crochet and knitting club, painting classes, and so much more. Visit their Facebook page for more information.
Schools in Snellville, Georgia
- Anderson-Livsey Elementary School
- Annistown Elementary School
- Britt Elementary School
- Brookwood Elementary School
- Brookwood High School
- Centerville Elementary School
- Partee Elementary School
- Pharr Elementary School
- R. L. Norton Elementary School
- Shiloh Elementary School
- Shiloh High School
- Shiloh Middle School
- Snellville Christian Academy
- Snellville Middle School
- South Gwinnett High School
Youth Programs and Scholarships
Walton Electric Trust Scholarship
The Walton Electric Trust student scholarship is open to any graduating high school senior or incoming college freshman with no more than 15 hours of college credit.
Winners are selected by overall evaluation; awards are not based on grade point average.
Students planning to attend technical, vocational, or other non-traditional university education are strongly urged to apply.
To qualify, the student’s primary residence must be served by Walton EMC. The number of student scholarships will be awarded depending on the quality of applicants.
Walton EMC Engineering Leadership Scholarship
The Walton EMC Engineering Leadership Scholarship provides five $10,000 scholarships to students who study one of the bachelor’s degree programs within the University of Georgia College of Engineering.
The scholarship is open to residents of the counties Walton EMC serves, including Athens-Clarke, Barrow, DeKalb, Greene, Gwinnett, Morgan, Newton, Oconee, Rockdale, and Walton.
Walter Harrison Scholarship
Each year, the Walter Harrison Scholarship program awards $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors and undergraduate students attending any vocational school or two- or four-year accredited college or university in Georgia.
Funded by Georgia’s electric cooperatives such as Walton EMC, the scholarships are awarded annually based on academic achievement and financial need.
Gwinnett Entrepreneur Center in Lawrenceville
Helping Gwinnett’s Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs Thrive.
The Center will be operated by staff from Georgia Gwinnett College, which will provide instruction, practical assistance, and other supporting services.
Members will learn from the experts about essential principles of business and develop relationships to help them succeed.
The new Entrepreneur Center offers aspiring manufacturers, restaurateurs, and other businesses services such as nuts-and-bolts business classes, workshops, coaching, peer-learning, and connections to customers and sources of capital.
Businesses accepted for membership will have access to private offices and co-working space.
If you are interested in receiving news and updates via email regarding the center, please click here to sign up.
Genuine Leather Backpack with Separate Laptop Compartment
Roomy interior compartment with slots and dividers for files, phone, pen, tablet. Separate laptop compartment for easy airport access. Leather key fob. Concealed zip out water bottle holder. Available in Tan, Brown or Distressed Buffalo.
Georgia Gwinnett College is a Public College located in nearby Lawrenceville, Georgia.
Discover the Hidden Secrets to Living in Snellville, Georgia
- Essential Christmas Songs for the Holiday Season
- Fragrance Gift Sets for Men and Women
- Shaping Tomorrow’s Leaders
- Email Marketing Campaigns for Small Business Owners
- Kathleen Peterson’s Mysterious Staircase Death: Accident or Homicide?
- Mysterious Staircase Death Investigations
- Elizabeth Ratliff’s Mysterious Staircase Death in Germany
- Starting a New Business as a New Mother: Tips for Thriving
- Teaching Children about Native Americans
- Spotlight on Native Americans Heritage and History
- Guides to Your Next Road Trip Adventure
- Launching Your Business with Minimal Capital: A Blueprint for Success
- Mastering DIY Marketing: Essential Skills and Strategies for Small Business Owners
- Tips for Homeowners Selling A House: Quick, Easy Fixes
- Ways to Pay It Forward and Change Lives
- Great Examples of How to Empower Women and Young Girls
- Creative and Fun Hobby Projects for Adults and Teens
- Flavorful & Soothing Tea Varieties from Around the World
- Benefits of Humor and Laughter in Life
- Getting Engaged and Getting Married
- Guide to Reflective & Relaxful Meditation Practices & Techniques
- Influential Women in World History
- How to Start a Successful Fundraising Campaign
- How to Become a Social Media Influencer
- Maximize Your Blog Business For Profit in 2023
- Guidebooks to Sustaining Love and Healthy Long-Term Relationships
- Camping and Hiking in the Tennessee Mountains
- Virginia Hiking and Camping Adventures
- Practical Guides to Hiking in Georgia
- How to Start a Successful Airbnb Rental Business
- Hiking and Camping the Pacific West
- Camping and Hiking the Western Region
- Guides to Campground Sites in the U.S. and Canada
- Backpacking, Camping, Hiking New England
- Guides to Mountain Hiking Adventures
- Hiking and Camping Safety Guides
- Inspiring Travel Getaway Destinations
- Exploring the Great Smoky Mountains
- Backpacking Trips with Friends and Family
- Guides to Wine Country Hiking and Wine Tasting Adventures
- Guides to Scenic Waterfalls and Day Hikes
- Guides to Overnight Camping Adventures
- Camping, Hiking, and Mountain Biking in the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Guides to Planning Your Camping and Hiking Trip Adventure
- Guides to Hiking New York and New Jersey
- Guides to Backpacking, Cycling and Hiking Canada
- Guides to Cycling and Hiking in California
- Backpacking and Hiking Safety Guides
- Strategies to Create a Profitable Real Estate Property Investment Business
- Pretty Women in Shades of Pink Outfits & Accessories
- 12 High-Performance Fitness Smart Watches
- Do It Yourself Credit Improvement Process
- Ways to Build Positive Credit
- Guide to Natural Organic Skin Care Treatment Kits
- Discover the Hidden Secrets to Living in Snellville, Georgia
- Moving and Relocating to Atlanta: How to Find Your New Home
- Aquamarine Gemstone Jewelry Gift Ideas
- All-In-One Makeup Kits | Essential Cosmetic Organizers
- Elegant Wedding Invitation Cards for the Bride and Groom
- SANGRIA Red Wine Punch for Brunch, Lunch or Party Time