Benefits of Humor and Laughter in Life
Laughter happens when people feel comfortable with each other. With more laughter comes more bonding.
There are many things in life that we have no control over and cannot change. However, as long as we maintain a sense of humor, we can do something.
Humor has the power to turn almost any situation around.
Laughter knows no cultural boundaries. You do not have to speak the same language to laugh together.
Laughter also helps break the ice when you are in a group. It is one form of communication to which everyone can relate.
People get so caught up in what they have-to and should-do that they forget to lighten up.
Humor and Laughter are two powerful tools that can help people cope and get through threatening situations.
Looking at life’s situations with a sense of humor and laughter provides perspective and helps keep things in balance when life seems unfair.
Oscar Winner Jon Batiste Performs “Freedom” on the Good Morning America show
While we are working at surviving, laughter can help us maintain our perspective.
The next time you feel like you are losing control, allow yourself a little “humor time.”
“Take me away…a secret place…a sweet escape… Take me away to better days…”
Laughter has many psychological benefits. Laughter lets people harmlessly release negative emotions such as anger, depression, sadness, and fear.
Many of the suffering and troubles we experience are not a result of our difficulties but how we view them.
Using humor in difficult times can be one of the most innovative ways of coping with difficulties, easing our worries, and getting on with life.
People also use humor as protection against change and uncertainty.
If you can find what’s funny in a situation, your upsets may not seem as vital as they once did.
What Makes Me Laugh?
I love watching people dance in music videos. One of my all-time favorites is Pharrell William’s “Happy” video. It makes me chuckle every time I see it.
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof…
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth…
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you…
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you want to do…
Gotta love Michael Jackson: “Sunshine… Moonlight… Good Times… Boogie!…” RIP Michael.
“Love Never Felt So Good” Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake Official YouTube Music Video
Finding Funny Things to Laugh About
Each of us has our unique sense of humor. What people find funny seems to be most significant to age.
Laughing stimulates both sides of the brain. People get the message quicker and remember it longer.
Children and adults learn more when they are having fun and participating in new learning activities.
Young children are constantly discovering new things that may seem ridiculous and surprising to them, so they laugh at just about anything.
Pre-teens and adolescents often use humor as a tool to protect themselves or feel superior.
As people mature, humor becomes more developed as they learn more.
As adults gain more experiences, their sense of humor usually centers around the issues that stress them out.
Other factors that affect humor are culture and the community that people come from.
Humor is an important, often overlooked tool.
The better adjusted you are and the more satisfying your lifestyle, the more readily you will respond to the humor in jokes, cartoons, memes, and everyday situations.
Be aware of taking yourself too seriously. It is essential to learn to laugh at yourself.
You can learn to share your laughter and help make others laugh.
Know What Is Not Funny to Others
Some forms of humor are not appropriate. Laughing at the expense of others or sharing unflattering photos, videos, etc. can unknowingly be detrimental to that person.
Use your best judgment to discern a good joke from a bad or hurtful one.
A good sense of humor is something everyone can work on. It doesn’t just happen.
Remember, laughter not only can make you feel better, but the use of humor can be a powerful tool for insight.
Finding Humor In Your Life
Think funny—look for the humor in every situation. Learn to laugh at the contradictions in life.
Laugh at yourself. We all do stupid things.
Instead of complaining about life’s frustrations, try to laugh about them.
If something is so frustrating, depressing, or ridiculous, realize that you will be able to reflect back on it and laugh.
Think of how something will sound like a story you could tell your children, family, and friends, and then see if you can laugh about it now.
Share a Laugh with Friends
Make it a habit to spend time with friends who make you laugh. And then return the favor by sharing funny memes, stories, or jokes with those around you.
Playing Putt Putt Golf or Frisbee at the park with family and friends, or inviting them over for an outdoor movie or game night is also an excellent setup for laughter and other good feelings.
Going to a comedy club with co-workers and friends is a great way to get more laughter in your life.
The contagious effects of laughter may mean you’ll laugh more than you otherwise would have during the show, plus you’ll have jokes to reference later.
Making time for this kind of fun is as important as any other habit you keep in your life to support your health.
Keep Amusing Things Around You
Find a few simple items, such as photos, greeting cards, or comic strips, that make you smile.
Hang them up at home, workstation, or in your office.
Keep funny movies, books, magazines, or comedy videos on hand when you need an added humor boost.
Start Promoting Retailer Products on your Web Pages and Earn Commissions. Join the FLEX OFFERS Affiliate Marketing Network Today! You can also Earn Bonuses with the Refer-a-Friend program.
More Resources on the Benefits of Humor and Laughter
The Healing Benefits of Humor and Laughter (U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs)
The Health Benefits of Laughter (VeryWell Mind)
Stress Relief From Laughter? It’s No Joke (Mayo Clinic Staff)
Laughter Is Really Good Medicine (Nancy Recker, Family and Consumer Sciences, Ohio State University)
The Benefits of a Good Laugh (Joyce Meyer Ministries)
Information on Laughter Yoga (Laughter Yoga International)
BENEFITS OF HUMOR AND LAUGHTER IN LIFE
When is the last time you had a good laugh?
How often do you make others laugh?
Who or What makes you laugh the most?
- Top-Rated CELEBRITY Cookbooks & CHEF’s Cookware
- Money Matters: Insider Tips to Buying a Home
- Discover the Hidden Secrets to Living in Snellville, Georgia
- Guide to Government Grant Funds in Georgia
- Time to Upgrade Your Home Entertainment System
- Trendy Gift Ideas For Men
- Aquamarine Gemstone Jewelry Gifts For Pisces & Aries
- Impressive Housewarming and Wedding Gift Ideas for 2022
- Launch and Grow Your Home Gardening Project
- Product Reviews: Luxury Outdoor Patio Lounge Sets
- Product Reviews: Luxurious Spas, Hot Tubs and Saunas
- Product Reviews: Powerful Propane Gas and Charcoal Grills
- Product Reviews: High Performance Digital Cameras and Video Camcorders
- Wood and Metal Benches For Home and Outdoor Recreation
- Product Reviews: Luxury Massage Chairs and Chic Recliners
- Renting vs Owning a Home
- 6 Tips For Great Sleep
- Amethyst, Aquarians & Diamonds: Perfect Love Match
- Product Reviews: Highest Rated Luggage Sets and Travel Bags
- Guide to Writing & Launching Your Best-Seller eBooks in 2022
- Product Reviews 2022: Best-Selling Popular GUITAR Recommendations
- Stylish Outdoor Fire Pits and Patio Heaters
- 77 Ways to Pay It Forward and Change Lives in 2022
- Lucrative Home-Based & Small Business Ideas for 2022
- Product Reviews: Most Favorable Baby Cribs and Bassinets
- Tips for Homeowners Selling A House: Quick, Easy Fixes
- Maximize Your Blog Business For Profit in 2022
- The Key to Success is Using Valuable Business Strategies
- 40 Successful Email Marketing Tips and Strategies to Connect with People
- Boost Your Limited Thinking With Affluent Thoughts
- Money Matters: Guide to Blogging For Dollars
- Guide to Finding, Writing & Submitting Grant Proposals
- How to Earn Full-Time Income From Blogging
- Mystery and Suspense Writing: How to Set the Scene
- What Does Compassion and Respect Mean To You?
- Challenge Boys and Girls with LEGO Educational Builder Sets
- Festive Red Holiday Gift Guide
- New Style Handbags & Shoulder Bags for Women
- 3 Powerful Benefits of Using Managed WordPress Web Hosting
- Lovely Unique Gift Baskets For All Occasions
- 5 Key Ways to Protect Your Family’s Home Networks
- How to Rapidly Spot Identity Theft
- Astonishing Saxophone Cover Versions of Popular R&B Songs
- Iconic LEGO Builder Sets and Kits For All Ages
- Build Your Classic Car and Auto Show With LEGO Sets
- Reliable Tea and Coffee Brewers and Cold Beverage Systems
- Classic UGG® Boots and House Slippers For Women and Men
- Elegant Wedding Invitation Cards for the Bride and Groom
- Outdoor Cooking and Grilling Tips For All Seasons
- Essential Things to Know About Cat, Dog and Horse Pet Care
- Country Music: Take a Glance Back Down Memory Lane
- Unique Coffee Gifts for Business Clients and Associates
- Best Practices to Disinfect Your Home and Workspace
- How to Improve Your Credit History and Scores
- 10 Amazing and Inspiring Whitney Houston Songs For Life
- Proven Tips on Saving Energy and Money at Home
- Ways to Build Positive Credit
- Selling a Home in Atlanta, Georgia and Surrounding Suburbs
- 7 Travel Security Tips
- Save Gas and Save Money
Laughter happens when people feel comfortable with each other. With more laughter comes more bonding. There are many things in life that we have no control over and cannot change. However, as long as we maintain a sense of humor, we can do something. Humor has the power to turn almost any situation around. Laughter…