Paying it forward inspires generosity and compassion.
Paying it forward means that when someone does something nice for you, you pay it forward to someone else, and so on, and so forth. #KindnessMatters
Opportunities to spread random acts of kindness one person at a time are endless.
Inspire The World
Every person of any age, ethnicity, or gender around the world can find ways to share kind gestures and positivity with others.
You feel better about yourself when you contribute to making other people’s lives better, including your own.
An Excellent Way to Make Someone Else’s Day
1.Inspire Others Online
2.Take the Time to Teach Someone a Skill You Know.
3.Create a Community Fruit and Vegetable Garden Project.
4.Be a Courteous Driver. Let people merge in front of you. Avoid road rage.
People are still hurting because of the economy and layoffs. A little bit of help from one person can help a lot.
According to the National Center for Children in Poverty, Georgia has over 2.4 Million children with 49% living in low-income households.
This includes over 400,000 children under the age of six whose families struggle to provide healthy meals and quality educations for them. Donate to Hosea Helps Today!
5.Give Away Your Unused Gift Cards. Check the expiration date. If you aren’t going to use them, someone else will undoubtedly appreciate it. For Example, Parents with Newborn Babies need an endless supply of Pampers.
6.Electronic Gadgets. Donate your old cell phones, tablets, laptops, and computers. Check your local area to find companies that will repair and make them useful for school children and other needy families.
7.Mentor Teenagers at a Youth Center. Share Your Knowledge and Life Skills.
8.Farmers Markets and Flea Markets. Road Trips—when traveling, make it a point to stop at a seller’s stand or yard sale—if you don’t see anything you want to purchase—pretend to be interested—Give the Seller $5.00, $10.00, or $20.00 and be on your way.
9.Upgrade Someone’s Cell Phone, Tablet, or Laptop Computer. Who do you know that’s still using outdated electronics and gadgets. Surprise them with an upgraded device.
10.Pay For a Family Member or Relative’s Cell Phone Bill. If you have a family plan and have room to add another person, consider adding someone to your plan. It can be for short-term like 6 months to 1 year. This will provide some relief on monthly bills.
11.Grocery Stores. While standing in line to check out, observe the person or family in front of you. Offer to pay for their groceries. Older adults, single people, and families will be highly grateful for this random act of kindness. If you order groceries online, TIP Grocery Delivery People Well!
12.Give Free Tickets to the Movies, a Sports Event, the Zoo, or Amusement Park. You could purchase tickets and surprise someone, a Child Care Provider, Co-Worker, a Lower-Level Employee, a Couple, or a Family with FREE TIX. Imagine their excitement upon receiving this special unexpected gift.
13.Deliver a Meal to an Elderly Neighbor. If you’ve cooked up a large meal and still have plenty of leftovers. Consider taking a meal to an elderly household. Don’t forget to add a dessert.
14.Send Prepared Meals to Family Members, Relatives, or Others.
15.Donate Excess Wedding Gifts. You may have received multiple household and houseware items, such as dishes, pots and pans, silverware, toasters, microwaves, glassware, towels, linens, etcetera that you have no use for. No doubt another family is in need of such items.
16.DeClutter Your Home. Donate household items, old home décor, accessories, clothing, shoes, sneakers, and handbags. Hoarders. It’s time to let some stuff go and make some space in your home. Once per week, organize one pile of items and donate them to Goodwill, Salvation Army, or other local charity thrift store. You’ll also have the opportunity to get out and socialize and meet new people.
Paying It Forward Fosters a Sense of Connection to Others
17.Organize a Neighborhood Garage or Yard Sale. Many families are still strapped for cash. You never know what’s going on with your neighbors. By organizing a multi-family garage/yard sale, it will attract more buyers looking for a bargain on much-needed items. It’s the perfect time to clean out your basement, garage, and closets. Get rid of tools, exercise equipment, children’s excess toys, etc., that you haven’t used in years. Set aside special bins, offering items for Free or charge $.50 or $1.00.
18. Give Away a $25.00 or $50.00 Gasoline Gift Card. The cost of gas is on the rise again. This could be a much-needed resource for many people.
19.Organize a Neighborhood Cookout. If you reside in a small community or live in a culdesac—you could grill some hot dogs and hamburgers, add some simple sides like potato chips, coleslaw, or grilled veggies. Send an invitation to your neighbors a few days ahead.
20.Wash a Car or Cut a Lawn for an Elderly Neighbor. If you’re already working outside, it will only take a few more minutes. Your neighbor will be very appreciative.
21.Housecleaning Services. How many young people do you know with kids? Arrange for a cleaning service to do a thorough cleaning of their home. Indeed, the busy mom and dad will be thrilled.
22.Offer to do some Free Work for a client that cannot afford your higher-priced services.
23.Hold the Door Open for the Person Behind You.
24.Leave Extra Coupons Near Items on Shelves in the Grocery Store. Surprising someone else with a money-saving opportunity could help that person afford to buy other needed items.
25.Barber Shops and Beauty Salons. Leave them an extra tip or unique gift. Send them a Gift Basket for no reason at all or to express your gratitude for their service. Imagine the talk that will be going on for weeks.
26.Offer to Carry Out Someone’s Groceries. Carrying out a bag or two or helping to load them all up in the cart is a nice gesture that is easy to do. Be careful, though. Many people are suspicious of being robbed.
27.Clean Up Your Table by Stacking Plates and Utensils at the Restaurant. Yes, they are paid to clean up, but stacking it neatly so they can collect it in one fell swoop is a great way to make someone’s day.
28.Be Generous With Gratuities. Any place you typically tip the person serving you is fair game. Leave a tip that is two, three, or four times the size you usually leave. You never know what people are dealing with.
29.Secretly Leave Gifts. The aim here is to leave small but significant gifts without the recipient knowing where they come from.
30.Leave Inspiring and Motivating Post-It Notes in library books and other random places.
“Let each of you look not only to his own interests but also to the interests of others.” (Philippians 2:4)
77 Ways to Pay It Forward and Change Lives
- Camping and Hiking in the Tennessee Mountains
- Virginia Hiking and Camping Adventures
- Guides to Your Next Road Trip Adventure
- Practical Guides to Hiking in Georgia
- How to Start a Successful Airbnb Rental Business
- How to Become a Social Media Influencer
- Hiking and Camping the Pacific West
- Camping and Hiking the Western Region
- Guides to Campground Sites in the U.S. and Canada
- Backpacking, Camping, Hiking New England
- Guides to Mountain Hiking Adventures
- Hiking and Camping Safety Guides
- Inspiring Travel Getaway Destinations
- Exploring the Great Smoky Mountains
- Backpacking Trips with Friends and Family
- Guides to Wine Country Hiking and Wine Tasting Adventures
- Guides to Scenic Waterfalls and Day Hikes
- Guides to Overnight Camping Adventures
- Camping, Hiking, and Mountain Biking in the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Guides to Planning Your Camping and Hiking Trip Adventure
- Guides to Hiking New York and New Jersey
- Guides to Backpacking, Cycling and Hiking Canada
- Guides to Cycling and Hiking in California
- Backpacking and Hiking Safety Guides
- Strategies to Create a Profitable Real Estate Property Investment Business
- Great Examples of How to Empower Women and Young Girls
- Pretty Women in Shades of Pink Outfits & Accessories
- Flavorful & Soothing Tea Varieties from Around the World
- 12 High-Performance Fitness Smart Watches
- Do It Yourself Credit Improvement Process
- Ways to Build Positive Credit
- Guide to Natural Organic Skin Care Treatment Kits
- Discover the Hidden Secrets to Living in Snellville, Georgia
- Moving and Relocating to Atlanta: How to Find Your New Home
- Aquamarine Gemstone Jewelry Gift Ideas
- All-In-One Makeup Kits | Essential Cosmetic Organizers
- Elegant Wedding Invitation Cards for the Bride and Groom
- Getting Engaged and Getting Married
- SANGRIA Red Wine Punch for Brunch, Lunch or Party Time
- Guide to Black Comic Book Creators
- The Captivating Melodies and Music World of Stevie Wonder
- How to Start Your Jewelry-Making Business
- 5 Key Ways to Protect Your Family’s Home Networks
- Cost-Cutting Tips to Reduce Your Electric Bill
- Quintessential Margarita Cocktail Makers & Mixers
- Benefits of Humor and Laughter in Life
- How to Increase Online Fundraiser Donations
- How to Start a Successful Fundraising Campaign
- Top-Rated CELEBRITY Cookbooks & CHEF’s Cookware
- Inspirational Music Quotes
- Guidebooks to Sustaining Love and Healthy Long-Term Relationships
- 3 Powerful Benefits of Using Managed WordPress Web Hosting
- Essential Supplies & Tools for Professional Barbers & Barber Shops
- Tips for Homeowners Selling A House: Quick, Easy Fixes
- Time to Upgrade Your Home Entertainment System
- Creative and Fun Hobby Projects for Adults and Teens
- Interesting Hobby Ideas for Men and Boys
- Techniques and Tips for Engagement & Wedding Photography | Wedding Videographer
- Digital Photography Techniques & Camera Kits for Beginner & Advanced Photographers
- Anthology of Hip-Hop & Rap Music
- Ways to Pay It Forward and Change Lives
- Advantages of Single Serve Coffee Brewers & K-Cup Coffee Pods
- Maximize Your Blog Business For Profit in 2023
- The Wonderful Power of the Cross
- Useful Guidebooks for Nurses Daily Healthcare Routines
- Positive Benefits of Walking, Jogging, Running
- Best Practices to Disinfect Your Home and Workspace
- Guide to Reflective & Relaxful Meditation Practices & Techniques
- Powerful Health & Beauty Benefits of Using Aloe Vera
- Fragrance Gift Sets for Men and Women
- Influential Women in World History
- Recommended Books on Black History
- African American History Books
- Black Women in History
- How to Keep Romance Alive in Love Relationships
- How to Improve Your Credit History and Scores
- Renting vs Owning a Home
- Money Matters: Insider Tips to Buying a Home
- Product Reviews: Baby Cribs and Bassinets
- Commercial Tea and Coffee Brewers | Cold Beverage Systems
- Expert Hairstyling Tools for All Types of Hair
- The Rise of Rap and Hip-Hop Songs
- Serena Williams Legacy—Professional Tennis Player
- Stylish Outdoor Fire Pits and Patio Heaters
- Amethyst & Diamonds: Perfect Love Match
- The Beauty of Blue Sapphire Gemstone Jewelry for Men & Women
- Nina Simone: American Singer/Songwriter & Pianist
- Essential Christmas Songs for the Holiday Season