Simone is regarded as one of the Most Influential Recording Artists of 20th-century Jazz, Cabaret and R&B genres. Her music spanned styles including Classical, Folk, Gospel, Blues, Jazz, R&B, and Pop.
To make a living, Simone started playing piano at a nightclub in Atlantic City. She was told in the nightclub that she would have to sing to her own accompaniment, which effectively launched her career as a Jazz Vocalist.
I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free
Yamaha Arius Series Console Digital Piano with Bench, Dark Rosewood
This site has an affiliate marketing relationship with advertisements. I may receive a small referral fee or commission if you sign up for services or purchase a product. This allows me to continue to create content.
Throughout her career, Simone assembled a collection of songs that became standards in her repertoire. Some were songs that she wrote herself, while others were new arrangements of other standards, and others had been written especially for the singer.
Simone’s bearing and stage presence earned her the title “the High Priestess of Soul.
Nina: A Story of Nina Simone (2021)
LEGO® Grand Piano!
Jazz trumpeter Miles Davis spoke highly of Simone, deeply impressed by her ability to play three-part counterpoint (her two hands on the piano and her voice each providing a separate but complementary melody line).
In 2010, a statue in her honor was erected on Trade Street in her native Tryon, North Carolina.
In 2016, Simone posthumously received a nomination for Best Music Film for the Netflix documentary What Happened, Miss Simone?
What Happened, Miss Simone?: A Biography
In 2018, she received a nomination for Best Rap Song as a Songwriter for Jay-Z’s “The Story of O.J.” from his 4:44 album, which contained a sample of “Four Women” by Simone.
In 2018, Simone was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by fellow R&B artist Mary J. Blige.
Simone’s music has been featured in soundtracks of various motion pictures and video games. Frequently, her music is used in remixes, commercials, and TV series including “Feeling Good.”
Feeling Good by Nina Simone
Feeling Good: The Very Best of Nina Simone (20 songs, 1994)
Nina: Jazz Legend and Civil-Rights Activist
A stunning picture-book biography of the High Priestess of Soul and one of the greatest voices of the 20th century.
Princess Noire: The Tumultuous Reign of Nina Simone
John Legend Performed “Feeling Good” for the Biden-Harris Inauguration in 2021
I Put A Spell On You: The Autobiography of Nina Simone
Simone has created for herself a world of magnificent peaks. Often compared to Billie Holiday and Edith Piaf, Simone is known as one of the greatest singers of her generation.
She has recorded 43 albums, ranging from blues to jazz to folk. Her song “Young, Gifted, and Black” became the anthem for the Civil Rights Movement and thrust her beyond international stardom into the center of activism.
To Be Free: The Nina Simone Story (Audio CD)
I Put A Spell On You (12 songs, 1965)
Nina Simone: Silk & Soul (12 songs, 1967)
Sunday Morning Classics by Nina Simone (on Vinyl)
ANGELS HORN Vinyl Record Player, Hi-Fi System Bluetooth Turntable Players with Stereo Bookshelf Speakers
Summer of Soul—A Documentary Featuring Nina Simone, Stevie Wonder & Other Soul Artists
Lauryn Hill performed “Feeling Good” at the 2018 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Nina Simone: American Singer/Songwriter & Pianist
- Camping and Hiking in the Tennessee Mountains
- Virginia Hiking and Camping Adventures
- Guides to Your Next Road Trip Adventure
- Practical Guides to Hiking in Georgia
- How to Start a Successful Airbnb Rental Business
- How to Become a Social Media Influencer
- Hiking and Camping the Pacific West
- Camping and Hiking the Western Region
- Guides to Campground Sites in the U.S. and Canada
- Backpacking, Camping, Hiking New England
- Guides to Mountain Hiking Adventures
- Hiking and Camping Safety Guides
- Inspiring Travel Getaway Destinations
- Exploring the Great Smoky Mountains
- Backpacking Trips with Friends and Family
- Guides to Wine Country Hiking and Wine Tasting Adventures
- Guides to Scenic Waterfalls and Day Hikes
- Guides to Overnight Camping Adventures
- Camping, Hiking, and Mountain Biking in the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Guides to Planning Your Camping and Hiking Trip Adventure
- Guides to Hiking New York and New Jersey
- Guides to Backpacking, Cycling and Hiking Canada
- Guides to Cycling and Hiking in California
- Backpacking and Hiking Safety Guides
- Strategies to Create a Profitable Real Estate Property Investment Business
- Great Examples of How to Empower Women and Young Girls
- Pretty Women in Shades of Pink Outfits & Accessories
- Flavorful & Soothing Tea Varieties from Around the World
- 12 High-Performance Fitness Smart Watches
- Do It Yourself Credit Improvement Process
- Ways to Build Positive Credit
- Guide to Natural Organic Skin Care Treatment Kits
- Discover the Hidden Secrets to Living in Snellville, Georgia
- Moving and Relocating to Atlanta: How to Find Your New Home
- Aquamarine Gemstone Jewelry Gift Ideas
- All-In-One Makeup Kits | Essential Cosmetic Organizers
- Elegant Wedding Invitation Cards for the Bride and Groom
- Getting Engaged and Getting Married
- SANGRIA Red Wine Punch for Brunch, Lunch or Party Time
- Guide to Black Comic Book Creators
- The Captivating Melodies and Music World of Stevie Wonder
- How to Start Your Jewelry-Making Business
- 5 Key Ways to Protect Your Family’s Home Networks
- Cost-Cutting Tips to Reduce Your Electric Bill
- Quintessential Margarita Cocktail Makers & Mixers
- Benefits of Humor and Laughter in Life
- How to Increase Online Fundraiser Donations
- How to Start a Successful Fundraising Campaign
- Top-Rated CELEBRITY Cookbooks & CHEF’s Cookware
- Inspirational Music Quotes