Why continue throwing money away when you can be investing in your future and living in your dream home at the same time?
Did you know that a renter paying $995.00 per month in rent will pay their landlord $59,700.00 over 5 years?!
5 Reasons to Buy Instead of Rent
- You Can Do Anything You Want with the Property
- You’ll Get Appreciation Benefits, Including Leverage of Cash Invested
- You’ll Get Tax Benefits
- Mortgage Costs Stay the Same as Rents Rise Every Year
- You’re Paying for Housing Whether You Own or Rent
Currently, mortgage rates are fluctuating, and there are a variety of mortgage loan programs available to fit your financial situation and goals. Additionally, based on 6% (national appreciation average), a $200,000 home could increase in value by $60,000 in 5 years… now that’s what I call a great investment!
|Current Rent||Approx. Sales Price||Gives to Landlord |
Over 5 Years
|Approx. Equity @ 4% |
for 5 Years
Here’s an Idea of the Mortgage Loan Process:
- Find Out How Much You Can Borrow
- Select the Right Loan Program For You
- Apply for A Loan
- Begin the Loan Process
- Close Your Loan
- MOVE-IN TO YOUR NEW HOME!
Use a Real Estate Agent to Find Your New Home
While many people may find going through the loan approval process tedious and frightening, rest assured, I’ll be right here by your side to guide you through each step of the way.
Through my resources, skills, and knowledge, I will connect you with a mortgage specialist to get you pre-approved and negotiate the best deal on your behalf!
WHO DO YOU KNOW THAT IS THINKING OF BUYING, LEASING OR SELLING A HOME IN THE METRO ATLANTA AREA? Contact Terina King (404) 337-9208
6 Basic Steps to Buying a Single-Family Home, Condo or Townhouse
Decide How Much You Want to Spend on a Home
Only you can determine how much you can afford to pay each month and upfront for your down payment and closing costs.
Get a Pre-Qualification or Pre-Approval Letter
A pre-approval letter helps you show sellers that you are a serious buyer—but it does not commit you to a lender.
Mortgages are complex, and there are lots of possibilities. Explore loan terms, types, and interest rate types. Talk to lenders and ask questions.
Compare Loan Offers
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau suggests getting Loan Estimates from at least three different lenders and compare them to find the best deal.
Find the Right Home For You and Make An Offer
Your first offer may not be accepted by the seller. That’s okay. Keep looking until you find your home.
Closing on Your Home
Once you find a home, let your lender know you are ready to proceed. Submit your documents and get ready to close.
#RealEstateMatters: Understanding Your Numbers
To feel comfortable with your monthly mortgage payment, it is important to understand how much you have to spend on other expenses after you pay your monthly payment.
This money must cover your utilities, groceries, child care or child support, auto loan, health insurance, student loans, repairs, and everything else.
If this isn’t enough, consider options such as buying a less expensive home or paying down debts.
|Total Monthly Income After Taxes||$|
|Estimated Monthly Mortgage Payment From |
Your Mortgage Lender
|Monthly Car Payment(s)||Minus $|
|Student Loan Payment(s)||Minus $|
|Credit Card Payment(s)||Minus $|
|Other Financial Obligations||Minus $|
|Your Remaining Monthly Amount to Cover|
Living Expenses, Other Debt and Obligations
Calculate Your Additional Income
To make sure you can afford the mortgage, find out what your property tax and homeowners insurance bills will be, and calculate the total monthly payment yourself.
Ask your real estate agent where to get this information.
Use the table below to sort your spending into categories. Don’t forget about bills you share with others. Spending tracker link
Checking Your Credit History
If you haven’t checked your credit history in a while, now would be a good time.
Before applying for a mortgage, you should know that you are in good shape with your credit payment history and credit scores.
Credit Report Checklist
Once you get your credit reports from the 3 credit bureaus—Equifax, Experian, Transunion—you will want to review them carefully.
Credit reports may have mistakes. And if there are mistakes, you are the only one who is likely to find them.
Review each section of your credit report. Do this for each credit report.
Your credit report contains a lot of personal and financial information. Be sure to keep any hard copies of your reports in a safe and secure place. If you do not want to hang on to your reports, be sure to shred them before getting rid of them.
Make Sure Your Tax Filings are Up-to-Date
Mortgage Lenders will request your latest tax returns to verify proof of income.
Are you planning an upcoming wedding? Gorgeous Wedding Invitation Cards for the Picky Bride. Choose from 200+ wedding and party invitation designs. Easy to customize. Shipping worldwide.
If you don’t have antivirus software on your computer, laptop, smartphone, tablet, or other mobile devices, Get it Now! Let McAfee Keep You Safe Online!
|ThinkCentre M90a (23.8") All-in-One Desktop Computer|
|ThinkPad T14s Gen 2 Intel (14”) – Storm Grey|
Renting vs Owning a Home
- Camping and Hiking in the Tennessee Mountains
- Virginia Hiking and Camping Adventures
- Guides to Your Next Road Trip Adventure
- Practical Guides to Hiking in Georgia
- How to Start a Successful Airbnb Rental Business
- How to Become a Social Media Influencer
- Hiking and Camping the Pacific West
- Camping and Hiking the Western Region
- Guides to Campground Sites in the U.S. and Canada
- Backpacking, Camping, Hiking New England
- Guides to Mountain Hiking Adventures
- Hiking and Camping Safety Guides
- Inspiring Travel Getaway Destinations
- Exploring the Great Smoky Mountains
- Backpacking Trips with Friends and Family
- Guides to Wine Country Hiking and Wine Tasting Adventures
- Guides to Scenic Waterfalls and Day Hikes
- Guides to Overnight Camping Adventures
- Camping, Hiking, and Mountain Biking in the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Guides to Planning Your Camping and Hiking Trip Adventure
- Guides to Hiking New York and New Jersey
- Guides to Backpacking, Cycling and Hiking Canada
- Guides to Cycling and Hiking in California
- Backpacking and Hiking Safety Guides
- Strategies to Create a Profitable Real Estate Property Investment Business
- Great Examples of How to Empower Women and Young Girls
- Pretty Women in Shades of Pink Outfits & Accessories
- Flavorful & Soothing Tea Varieties from Around the World
- 12 High-Performance Fitness Smart Watches
- Do It Yourself Credit Improvement Process
- Ways to Build Positive Credit
- Guide to Natural Organic Skin Care Treatment Kits
- Discover the Hidden Secrets to Living in Snellville, Georgia
- Moving and Relocating to Atlanta: How to Find Your New Home
- Aquamarine Gemstone Jewelry Gift Ideas
- All-In-One Makeup Kits | Essential Cosmetic Organizers
- Elegant Wedding Invitation Cards for the Bride and Groom
- Getting Engaged and Getting Married
- SANGRIA Red Wine Punch for Brunch, Lunch or Party Time
- Guide to Black Comic Book Creators
- The Captivating Melodies and Music World of Stevie Wonder
- How to Start Your Jewelry-Making Business
- 5 Key Ways to Protect Your Family’s Home Networks
- Cost-Cutting Tips to Reduce Your Electric Bill
- Quintessential Margarita Cocktail Makers & Mixers
- Benefits of Humor and Laughter in Life
- How to Increase Online Fundraiser Donations
- How to Start a Successful Fundraising Campaign
- Top-Rated CELEBRITY Cookbooks & CHEF’s Cookware
- Inspirational Music Quotes